Bouncy ness - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bouncy ness

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 04-04-2002, 11:18 PM   #1
BuMpYJ

Bouncy ness

Im new to these boards and I need a little bit of help.

I have a 94 YJ with a 4" suspension lift and a 3" body lift with 35" general grabbers and I was wondering if all lifted Jeeps bounce all over like a basketball...I see alot of lifted Jeeps in my area and none of them seem to bounce this much...even my old Jeep (a 94 YJ 350 SBC, 700R4, 4" suspension lift with 33" baja claws(too bad it caught fire)) didnt bounce this bad...sometimes when i come home from long trips I get major headaches...im open to all suggestions, I even tried putting 900lbs of sand in the back with the seat out and that didnt work.

[URL=www.misfitoffroad.com]Misfit Offroad[/URL]
BuMpYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2002, 08:42 AM   #2
4wheeler4CJ

I haven't ever driven a vehicle as modified as that for a while, but I did drive a '77 CJ-5 with a 6" lift and 35" tires, and drove terribly. Most was due to the long shackles, but the springs were very stiff, and it did bounce all over, plus you will get a "ballooning" effect of the larger tire, causing much of the bouncing.
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2002, 02:16 PM   #3
V8wrangler_idaho

mine did the same thing as your is when i put my lift on it i got a 3 inch supention and 33 inch tiers. it was so bouncy. I got some longer shackels for it, that makes it ride smother accually. with longer shackels you get better articualtion. i also lowered the tire pressure took some of the bounce out if it. I gresed the heck out of all the shackle bolts and spring bolts and bushings. and losened up the shackel bolts some. they are still tight but not as tight as they were. now my jeep rides really smooth. its the smoothest riding off road vehical i have ever been in and thats saying a lot for a jeep. The next mod that im doing to my jeep os for the reason to make it even more smooth. Shackel reversal on the frount and spring over axle convertion. Those 2 mods are said to make jeeps ride smoother then any other things you can do to them. other then change over to coil springs like the newer jeeps. so if i were you i would trash the body lift and do a spring over axle lift and shackel reversal. it will make it ride a lot better and you will have a ton more articualtion.

93 wrangler 8 inch SOA SRS suspention lift 35/12.50 Mt. efi 350 700r4 tranny np 205 t case dana 44s front and rear. lots of extras.
V8wrangler_idaho is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.