bought jeep quick question about locks and hardtop. and rear end - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > bought jeep quick question about locks and hardtop. and rear end

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #16
StCloudMNSahara
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-94-z28 View Post
If I were to want to order a ford 8.8 tonight with 4.88's. Where would I want to buy it? What else would I need?
How hard would installation be?

If I just wanted to put the dears in the d35 what would I need? Where would I want to buy it from? And what would I want to buy to strengthen the rear end?
This topic gets covered every month. Don't tell me the search function is that bad.
If this is your style, then I would suggest just buying a F8.8 axle swap with the gears and lockers already installed, and the perches already in place. Then put matching gears and locker of your choice in front D30. $$$

You have a lot of questions that lead to other questions, I suggest you get better with the search function as all of your questions have already been answered.

StCloudMNSahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The ford 8.8 95-01?? comes with disc brakes, you will have to change the gears and install locker or lsd. If these things are beyond your ability, certainly beyond mine, find an axle builder. The perches will have to be changed as well. And something about the E-brake. For searches use the keyword and look for posts with lots of replies.
Happy Wheelin'

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
StCloudMNSahara
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry I came off as such an *******.
StCloudMNSahara is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.