Bolt in yj 8.8 assembly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bolt in yj 8.8 assembly

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadOconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 08-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
Rocky_Cosmark
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Bolt in yj 8.8 assembly

I was wondering why i cant find any bolt on 8.8 assemblies for the yj,but they have them for the tj?
i realize a big part of the 8.8 swap is being able to create your own angle for your perches and such, but isnt there a stock yj width and angle that come pre welded so you simple just bolt the springs on and get the sye and flange and your ready for the swap?
or is there some reason im missing that this wouldnt work?
all in all i would mean a prebuilt assembly with the welded tube,shock mounts,and perches, so then all you need to get is the sye,flange to adapt it,and a diff cover that isnt made of tin foil

Rocky_Cosmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
Tim338
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Complete Ford 8.8" Rear Axle Assembly Jeep YJ Ready to Bolt In Axle Swap
Tim338 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure you read the fine print on the above 'bolt-in' axle.

Quote:
It is Factory width with the same lug pattern. It Also Comes with Disc brakes, and has E-brake shoes built into the Rotor assembly. Compatible with your Jeep with new E-brake cables. The Jeep YJ Spring Perches are already welded on so you will easily be able to bolt in this axle assembly. You can choose exactly which options and upgrades you want for your new axle assembly. $500 dollar base price includes Ford 8.8" rear axle assembly with Jeep YJ Spring perches and shock mounts welded on, new HD U-bolts and U-Bolt Plates, w/empty center section but includes Used: axleshafts, carrier, yoke and all used brake hardware. ** All Axle tubes will be welded to insure they will not spin** Regear and bolt in. Or select from factory Gearing options for a minimal charge with and without factory limited slip. You can also choose to let us freshen up the factory axle with new differential bearings and axle bearings
note the highlights: looks like this is a used axle for 500 bucks and NO GEARS. it also says it is the same width as a YJ. that is incorrect. all explorer type 8.8s are more narrow. it states the perchs are already welded on, but where? it does'nt say they are welded to YJ width specs. I'd want more info from them. just my

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
toothey007

I am also looking for something I can bolt in, I had seen the 8.8 from east coast gear supply,,,,,,but havent called them or anything. dynatrac advertises their trail series 44, and states that it can be bolted into a yj, again though, i have not called them to find out if this is actualy true. considering how popular the yj is, you would think there were more of these options out there. no offense to any do it yourselfers anywhere, but i dont want to be riding down the road at 60, or going up a steep hill with an axle that i have welded myself, not knowing if i got the welds strong enough or in the shock mounts or spring perches in the right place. i'd rather have one that was done by a pro and i know the welds are good and nothing is going to fail. because that is the point of putting a 8.8 or 44 in a yj, i dont want anything to break.
toothey007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

More interesting 8.8 stuff. Good points being made here. It just verifies the importance of doing your homework before buying. There are many ways this can be done to get what you want.
moonshinefuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.