Bolt size for front shock lower and what order to assemble in - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bolt size for front shock lower and what order to assemble in

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 07-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
weerwolv

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Bolt size for front shock lower and what order to assemble in

Hi all,

I'm installing the BDS 2" YJ lift and had to cut most of my bolts off.

Now that I'm finishing up I just realized I never kept the old bolts. Any idea what size the bolt is supposed to be for the front lower shock that goes through the sleeve?

Also, I'm not sure of the order in assembly.

Do the washers go between the lower bushing and the fixed point on the axle or on the outside of the mount?

Sorry for the dumb questions but its 90 degrees out and I'm seeing double.

weerwolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It's a 1/2" bolt by however long the mount is plus room for a nylock nut. If you can fit washers inside to tighten it up then by all means do so but I haven't seen a shock yet that isn't a little snug in that location. Washers outside and boot goes in from the outside inward. G'luck!
Unread 07-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
weerwolv

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks. I'm at Home Depot and just grabbed some Grade 8 bolts in 1/2 size by 3inch. They don't seem to have nylock nuts so I'll have to live with a lock washer and loktight.

On an even better note my passenger D30 seal just started leaking. I must have hit the YJ jackpot.
weerwolv is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.