Bogging down - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bogging down

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #91
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

George Orwell
lander2312 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #92
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

George Orwell
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #93
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have officially posted pics on jeep forum... lol
Not sure what type of pics you want of the pump so just let me know.

George Orwell
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #94
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Pic worked! Hope I can credit your pic savvy to my corny how to post!

Back on topic. My next fuel pump will be a Bosch.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 D44/44 locked 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #95
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Luuca....all the credit goes to your posting pics for dummies link...haha
Unread 09-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #96
Apollo12227
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Sucks that sock wasn't attached to the intake of the pump. This could easily explain a pump going out. Hopefully the problem isn't a nice greasy rusty blood clot in your fuel system. Avoiding being my usual pessimistic self, I'm sure the pump took the brunt of the damage that not having that initial screen/sock caused.

I hated the fit of that autozone pump, hated the fit of the carter fuel pump I ended up using from a local jeep shop around here just as much.... It "kinda" fit, had to rig it as secure as I could. Very irritating. OEM is the way to go whenever possible.

P.s.. Removing that cup didn't leave you with a hole in your tank after all now did it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...t-woes-987770/

Above is the link to my thread which involved my first fuel pump replacement and question regarding that infamous plastic cup. Que enlightened me then (nearly 4+ years ago now) and no regrets since!
Apollo12227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #97
GrantYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My cup decided for me. The first time I had a pump go bad I found pieces of plastic all over the place inside my tank. My Jeep had been in a fairly violent accident before I bought it (busted the plate where the motor mount was attached, bent an axle housing, broke the transmission mount, as well as the body damage).

Apparently in the wreck, the plastic broke apart and the sock came off the pump.

It's a whole lot easier decision to remove the cup when it's in pieces. It's never caused any problems though.
“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed.” ― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values
GrantYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #98
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I apologize for the pic of the pump. The sock was attached I pulled it off and forgot to put it back on for the pic. I was still in good shape so hopefully my fuel lines are still ok.

George Orwell
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #99
Apollo12227
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander2312 View Post
I apologize for the pic of the pump. The sock was attached I pulled it off and forgot to put it back on for the pic. I was still in good shape so hopefully my fuel lines are still ok.
Good to hear. Also, Have you addressed the disentigrated gas tank gasket? (The gasket between the sending/fuel pump assembly plate) Advance/autozone are not going to have it if I remember correctly... I ended up purchasing mine from a local jeep/4X4 shop in Orlando.

Silicone will not work. You will need to order the gasket online, dealership, or some other sourse.
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #100
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

yeah didnt think the gasket was going to be a problem...I have a few more places to call tomorrow...if not i have plenty more to do while waiting i guess. Was hoping to have it done by the weekend but oh well. To keep the lines from being crush i odered the daystar 1" body lift kit. Take a look and tell me if I will need anything else please.
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...Fazm7AodzS0A9Q
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #101
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Que has a ace that has all the gas tank stuff for the YJs. Eating now. Will try and find it on my desktop and post it up here

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.

Unread 09-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #102
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

MTS Company has all the fuel tank and related items you need.

Gasket # YJOR-20

http://www.mtscompany.com/jeep.htm
yjor-20.jpg

Unread 09-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #103
Apollo12227
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander2312 View Post
To keep the lines from being crush i odered the daystar 1" body lift kit. Take a look and tell me if I will need anything else please.
You could also just run the sending/return line under the crossmember instead of over the top... Alas the body mount kit works too! It is a lot of work but you are doing it right.

------

Good work on posting the tank gasket Luuca. I knew of was an issue finding it when fuel pump nightmares happened to me.
Unread 09-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #104
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Stupid sending unit gasket... lol so I called everywhere, even the 4wd store in Nashville and no one has it in stock. Called the Jeep dealership and of course they have it for the low low price of 20bucks.. stupid fuel sending unit gasket.

George Orwell
Unread 09-29-2013, 01:21 PM   #105
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Well have all of my parts but not putting it back on quiet yet. The skid plate for the fuel tank had a lot of rust on the inner side so I figures since I was already grinding out rust there was no time like the present. A 1day job has now expanded to at 2 week job. At least when I am done I should not have to worry about this part of the Jeep for awhile.

George Orwell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.