Bogging down - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bogging down

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #31
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Holy crap.....that read really confusing. Not much in electrical stuff...hell to be honest not much on anything...but guess I gotta try if I want to learn.

George Orwell
lander2312 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #32
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander2312
Holy crap.....that read really confusing. Not much in electrical stuff...hell to be honest not much on anything...but guess I gotta try if I want to learn.
You should search for more threads on testing the TPS. Maybe find one with instructions that are more clear. That and you'll need a good multimeter.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s

TJ FOR SALE
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #33
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Blogging down is high fuel pressure or a bad mat sensor.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #34
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I replace the mat sensor when I replaced the O2 sensor. Along with plugs and wires. I will try to check the wiring this weekend.

George Orwell
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #35
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You replaced the mat or the map? If you did then it's fuel pressure. Run the numbers and post them. I bet your pressure is high.
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #36
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry i don't remember what it was called. I was told it would help with the bogging down. It was in between 2 black high pressure fuel lines right before they went into the fuel rail??? If that helps. I tried to post a pic but even after I resized it the site said it was too big. Still trying

George Orwell
Unread 09-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #37
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It sounds right. I am telling you then the fuel pressure. I have a decent track record and the guage cost nothing to borrow to do the test.
Unread 09-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #38
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

No doubting you at all...going to def do the test just trying to give you all the info.

George Orwell
Unread 09-19-2013, 11:01 AM   #39
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
High pressure at the rail could be caused by a bad Fuel pressure regulator or a pinched return line. We need more specific information about temps when it bogs down and any other situational data you can give.
Try to work with Que (who posted above) and diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...
Thats a new sig right there

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #40
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Read some more threads and it excited that this might fix my problem. I also watched a few you tube videos of hot to check them and now it makes a lot more since to a guy who has never tested or replaced one of these....i will report back my findings when i get to the test. Will prob be Sunday before I can test the TPS
Unread 09-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #41
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander2312
Read some more threads and it excited that this might fix my problem. I also watched a few you tube videos of hot to check them and now it makes a lot more since to a guy who has never tested or replaced one of these....i will report back my findings when i get to the test. Will prob be Sunday before I can test the TPS
As long as you're ok with waiting I am. Best of luck to you. I know you'll figure it out.

Posted via my pretentious iPhone.

TJ FOR SALE
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #42
lander2312
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I wish i could do it now but life with kids takes precedent. What type of life expectancy does a TPS sensor have? I have had the jeep a year and will assume it is the original one in it. Is it something that should just be replaced to have a more sound vehicle?
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #43
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lander2312 View Post
Yeah I wish i could do it now but life with kids takes precedent. What type of life expectancy does a TPS sensor have? I have had the jeep a year and will assume it is the original one in it. Is it something that should just be replaced to have a more sound vehicle?
They last till they're dead. All I know.

I wouldn't discount Que's urging to test the fuel pressure at the schraeder valve on the fuel rail.

Yo can get a Fuel Pressure Guage /tester at autozone or napa for less than $20 and it's a tool you will want to own for as long as you own your YJ.

Too much fuel pressure is bad, M'kay? Test it as well. You may have a bad fuel pressure regulator or a pinched fuel return line.

TJ FOR SALE
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #44
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Luuca you can rent the tool you don't even need to buy it. I think the pressure is high too. There have been at least a half dozen in the last couple month's with return line issues because of pinched lines and warped tanks. One guy took out 2 New regulators before I talked him through the pressure test. The symptom sounds like a fuel issue. The engine sounds like it's flooding. The tps is used by the ECU along with the map sensor to figure out injector dwell so I am not ruling it out but it usually fails by giving you a flat spot. The bogging down the way you describe it sounds like you are getting too much fuel.

One other thing for fuel that happens many times is an exhaust manifold leak that causes the o2 sensor to think the jeep is running lean and the ECU with dump fuel to protect the engine. It never usually gets bad enough to cause it to big down to the point of losing power but the difference is very noticeable. Hope the tps does it.
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #45
Apollo12227
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Had this problem a few times, Que helped me solve the problem every time haha...

1st time: Cracked exhaust... as he mentioned.
2nd time: Pinched return line cauded me to burn through 2 pumps in 3 months.
Apollo12227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.