Body mounts spinning 3 icnh body lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body mounts spinning 3 icnh body lift

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 07-20-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
plmqazed
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Body mounts spinning 3 icnh body lift

ok so i am trying to install a 3 inch bod lift o my 1992 jeep yj. I broke two of the bolts already and on one the bolts is spinning. THere is also a bolt on the pasenger side firewall that is stripped i think. The head of the bolt is starting to round off and my socekt losees grip on it. PLzzz helppp I have a angle grinder and went out today and got a 4 inch cutoff for metal

plmqazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

You need to sell your Jeep to me so I can save it from the ridiculous looking 3in BL your about to install....

But since your new to the forum (even though as you can tell from above, I am 110% against 3in BL's), Ill help you out a bit here....

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/d...-prep-1233722/

http://www.jpmagazine.com/techarticles/body/154_0606_jeep_yj_body_lift_rust_welded/index.html

Previous Jeeps:
'83 CJ7
'92 YJ
'00 XJ
'99 TJ
'05 TJ Rubicon
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
hamptonYJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Completely unrelated to how bad a 3" bl would look, about how much clearance to the top of the frame do you get if you were to remove your body mounts? I am doing a rust removal on my frame and my body mounts need to be removed anyway, but I don't want to take the whole tub off to get to the top of the frame. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 07-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamptonYJ View Post
Completely unrelated to how bad a 3" bl would look, about how much clearance to the top of the frame do you get if you were to remove your body mounts? I am doing a rust removal on my frame and my body mounts need to be removed anyway, but I don't want to take the whole tub off to get to the top of the frame. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Probably the best use of a 3" body lift right there

The bolts that are just spinning have striped Threads (nut,bolt,both). The bolts that the socket spins on have stripped Heads. You'll need to drill out the spinning bolts. Try vice grips on the rounded heads. Bolt heads (old rusty ones anyways) usually round from using open ended wrenches on rusty bolts. try to always use the box end.
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.