body mounts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > body mounts

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-20-2002, 10:52 AM   #1
mc87yj

body mounts

I recently tried to put on my 1/2 doors on my project '87 yj.Passenger side is fine.Drivers side wouldn't go.I found top of opening is 1/2" smaller than other side.I loosened body mounts on drivers side,jacked it up and put washers on top of mount and let body down.I gained enough so door will close.Question is,is this a common ocurrence?Can I make new pucks out of aluminum and where could I get the stock thickness specs.?

mc87yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2002, 03:33 PM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Just buy new body mounts. There are lots of kits out there and they aren't very expensive.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2002, 03:35 PM   #3
glm 87 wrangler

Well if no one here can help you.You may try a jeep dealer and see what they think? I would look for free advice dont let them try to talk you into bringing it in.They have a good shop manual that will help.My dealer around here is great.Others in other areas may be to big to help you just depends on were you live.Hope this helps

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.