Body Mount Bolt Locations (For BL) - Detailed Write-Up W/ Pix - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Mount Bolt Locations (For BL) - Detailed Write-Up W/ Pix

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #91
rwfisheriv
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the write-up. I spent a pleasant afternoon drilling and spraying...my plan is to keep spraying until something breaks loose....

rwfisheriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #92
jerresredyj

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm replacing a 3" BL with a Daystar 1". With all the bushings in, the front bushing has a 1/2" gap at the top. The old 3" bushing are all the same height but Daystar front bushing is a 1/2" shorter than the others. Am I missing something?
jerresredyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #93
yj381
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Finished replacing my stock body mounts with a prothane 1" body lift. Didn't have any problem with any bolts except the back two. Had to use my cutoff and peel the metal back like a can opener. I loosened my fan shroud per the instructions, but I checked after I lifted it, and the fan shroud didn't have to be moved, so I bolted it back up.

The only problem I am having is my jeep will not go in 2nd gear and wants to jump out of 4th. I read before that this was because the angles had changed but I am having trouble finding the thread now. I currently have a 2.5 inch skyjacker lift and a lowered transfer case. I'm thinking that I might need to raise my transfer case back up now, but the jeep rides much better with it lowered. I would think about a SYE but I would have to redo that if I switch axles unless I am mistaken, so I would like to hold off until I install a larger rear axle.

Anybody have any thoughts about the best way to regain 2nd?

[url]www.mmeadows.com[/url]
yj381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #94
yj381
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Here is thread I was looking for, I will post how it turns out

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...y-lift-790489/

[url]www.mmeadows.com[/url]
yj381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #95
grivera
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
I thought I would try something new to get past cutting the hole for the captive nut. I got 1 out and I will see if I need to use it on the others. I drilled 1/4" away from the bolt through the nut pocket. I left the drill bit in to stop the captive nut from turning and racheted the bolt out. It might save grief and a few large holes in the floor.
Daryl, did this work for all locations, or did you just do the one?
grivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #96
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I just did the one. I did end up cutting the floor on 2 of them and I have 1 nut pocket in the rear I have yet to deal with.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:38 AM   #97
grivera
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a set of canyon wheels with 31x10.5" mud terrains, not realizing that the stock suspension will not clear the tires. Now I'm getting ready to install a Prothane 1" body lift and have sprayed the bolts with PB Blaster (via drilled holes) for the last 6 days. I'm not looking forward trying the first bolt...
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #98
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Heat is your friend. If you know anyone with a torch call them! After....I did the bolts I swore I would never deal with it again without one and I bought one the next week.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #99
grivera
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yesterday afternoon, I attempted to loosen some of them. On the p-side, the bolt broke on the one behind the front seat, the others came out ok. On the d-side, the rear bumper and the one behind driver's seat broke; the others came out. I haven't attempted the ones near the gas tank on either side yet...will try today and report back.

UPDATE: The ones by the gas tank came out with little effort. I cut a flap on each side of the floor to get the two caged nuts behind the front seats out. I also cut a flap behind the d-side rear tire to get that caged nut out.

Last edited by grivera; 04-06-2012 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: Added update
Unread 04-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #100
grivera
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfxrs91 View Post
One thing I experienced... there's a lip on the bottom front of the grille that sticks out forwards. Covering that is a piece of metal supporting the brake lines. All this is hidden under the plastic Jeep cover behind the bumper and in front of the grille. That lip hits up against the metal when the body is lifted. A simple cut-out of the metal where the lip extends will prevent the plate from bowing upwards.
I'm not sure if my '95 is the same, but the grill has metal piece that the body mount bolts to (is this the lip you're referring to?). This piece is heavy gauge

- it sticks out and draws the piece of metal supporting tbrake lines upward. Even without the protective piece in place, the "Jeep" labled plastic cover bows up in the center.
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #101
V8-YJ

thanks so much for this thread! I have all my bolts soaking right now, this is so helpful with all the pics
V8-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.