Body Mount Bolt Locations (For BL) - Detailed Write-Up W/ Pix - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Mount Bolt Locations (For BL) - Detailed Write-Up W/ Pix

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #46
parkerm26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i got one out. the radiator one. it spun but i took the brake line guard off and held it with a 1 inch wrench. who was designing this at jeep wen they thought all this would be a good idea? ive broken 1 and spun 1. leaving me with 8 unmoveables. i dont get it. theres nothing i can do unless i take 6x2 inch peices out of the floor and even then i dont know wat id do to make it look right again. at this point it would probly be a 12 hour project and it would look like a hack job. im not even gonna mess with them anymore. its really not worth the aggravation. i'm sorry none of the sugested things worked i tried ALL of the suggestions.
i think i should just sawzal them all and drill them before they spin. then cut more holes and weld the body back together. anyone have something not suggested that is somewhat do-able? They need to be replaced
NOTE: i did this work at an engineering shop with 2 engineers and neither of them even wanted to help because it looked like such a PITA

Unread 04-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #47
NHfireYJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerm26 View Post
i got one out. the radiator one. it spun but i took the brake line guard off and held it with a 1 inch wrench. who was designing this at jeep wen they thought all this would be a good idea? ive broken 1 and spun 1. leaving me with 8 unmoveables. i dont get it. theres nothing i can do unless i take 6x2 inch peices out of the floor and even then i dont know wat id do to make it look right again. at this point it would probly be a 12 hour project and it would look like a hack job. im not even gonna mess with them anymore. its really not worth the aggravation. i'm sorry none of the sugested things worked i tried ALL of the suggestions.
i think i should just sawzal them all and drill them before they spin. then cut more holes and weld the body back together. anyone have something not suggested that is somewhat do-able? They need to be replaced
NOTE: i did this work at an engineering shop with 2 engineers and neither of them even wanted to help because it looked like such a PITA

You'll be there forever, hacking and drilling...using a hole saw or a cut off wheel in a 4" grinder and you'll have at the captive nuts in no time, probably less than 30 minutes. Takes nothing to tack (or even rivit) small filler pieces back in to the floor.

After you rhinoline the tub, you'll never know it was there..( or cover it back up with the carpet)

If it was easy, you'ld own a TJ..
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #48
parkerm26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire1kubota View Post
If it was easy, you'ld own a TJ..
that is very true. it just seems like a lot of work for little gain. i'll work on it more today after i finish my new bumper. thanks and anyones advice is highly appreciated right now i'm and
Unread 04-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #49
95YJIL
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I tried to remove the passenger side rear bolt and it broke right away. The bolt diameter was about half what it should have been where it broke due to rust. I think I may just bite the bullet and cut access panels out of the body above the bolt like others have done, so I can get to the nut with no problem. I am thinking about cutting them square and then when I am all done making some covers that are a little larger, spraying them with bed liner so they will match the floor(when that gets done) using some sealer where the cover meets the floor and sheet metal screwing them down. That is what I'm thinking, now if I will really do it, that remains to be seen. I thought this would be a good idea for future access if ever needed.
95YJIL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #50
JOExFROMxNY
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone find a cheaper deal than this?
JOExFROMxNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #51
baltimorebiker
1995 YJ Wrangler 

very informative thread
baltimorebiker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #52
krushnasty
1993 YJ Wrangler 

2'' BL 2maro. im kinda scared. i have a broken collarbone and hand that im workin with should be a long day
krushnasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #53
NHfireYJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushnasty View Post
2'' BL 2maro. im kinda scared. i have a broken collarbone and hand that im workin with should be a long day
with your avatar, no wonder you have a broken collar bone

Good luck..It was a pisser job with no broken bones...
Unread 04-26-2010, 06:54 AM   #54
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Ok here's my problem, I've got the Poly 1" replacement body mount kit, but I'm missing some of my factory pucks!! The kit requires you to reuse the factory sleeve/coned washer thing from the original mounts and I simply don't have them. Any ideas on how to go about acquiring them (not from a dealer) and or a DIY fix or maybe which body mounts to not use just make the others work????? THANKS FELLAS!
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #55
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

lol, I finally found the answer after about an hour of searching! GEEZ this needs to be a sticky!!

**** SOLUTION TO MISSING YJ BODY MOUNT SLEEVE REPLACEMENT ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy68 View Post
Alright. Finally took care of my problem and made some sleeves. I used black iron pipe (1/2" ID) that fits perfectly inside the 6 main bushings and a little loose in the back 4. I cut them about 1/8" shorter than the bushing and welded the "tubes" to think fender washers that where the same size as the washers provided with the bushing kit. Worked great.

Here are some pics:

About $15 total and about 2 hours of work.

found here at ---> http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...3/#post7842947
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #56
NHfireYJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

^^^^ That works^^^^

or Home cheapo, or Lowes, sells generic "sleeves" in the hardware section, usually in the drawers....

Thats what I had to use.. and did the same thing with large washers.

Mine were all rotted away!!!
Unread 05-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #57
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in the process of soaking my body mount bolts with Liquid Wrench, and I'm able to get to the 2nd pair (In front of the driver and passenger seat) without drilling. I can snap a picture in a minute.

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #58
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Its just a matter of which one of the bolts is going to spin the nut pocket...not if.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #59
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here's pictures. As you can see the oil is coming down around the mount and starting to work its magic.

Driver side:

Passenger side:

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #60
jojojeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

you want to talk about being blessed, i did a b/l on a 22 year old yj not one bolt was stuck it was like cake.they gave me all types of rods and bs. undid the radiator and filler neck that was it , jacked it up ,put in the pucks lowered it and it was done. used the drop kit on the radiator. all the gears work done. now mybe i can get some use out of my neew 33 muds. 5 hours for the job by my self,i was afraid to do this thing so the kit sat under my bed for 9 months.
jojojeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.