Body Lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Lifts

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-06-2002, 08:17 AM   #1
Black Dragon

Body Lifts

I was just wondering If I could install a body lift on my 89 YJ myself and do I have to do any thing with stuff like wireing and the steering column,
Thanks

Black Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2002, 08:26 AM   #2
RodeoRob

how much body? 1" you could install without doing anything other than inserting the pucks.

-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2002, 08:51 AM   #3
Black Dragon

I was thinking about a 2inch body lift
Black Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2002, 08:58 AM   #4
SBall

Yes, this is a fairly simple procedure. However, I would recommend recruiting a friend or two just to make the job a little bit less scary-like when you are actually jacking up the body of your jeep on one side and it is tilted off of the frame. Two or more people just helps the safety factor for yourself and your jeep. Plus you can drink beer at the same time-haha. You should not have any wiring problems. With 2" you will need to install the radiator and exhaust drop brackets-easy, but the radiator is a PITA. The steering column is easy enough to deal with. You simply loosen a bolt before lifting and the shaft will slide out and then you tighten it back up when the lift is complete. This is definitely a do it yourselfer.
Unread 03-06-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
BzJeep
2001 WJ 

If I get a 4" Lift and 3" Body Lift, what do I need to do with that kind of stuff? Like wiring and getting new parts because they ar to short... Catch me?

Thanks

[b]Green Jeep Club Member #16[/b]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/id/bzjeep[/url]
BzJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.