Body Lift and Radiator Shroud Relocation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Lift and Radiator Shroud Relocation

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #1
Supertrey
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Body Lift and Radiator Shroud Relocation

I just installed the M.O.R.E. 1" body lift on my YJ (4.0L). The instructions say to mark new holes 1" lower on the radiator and remount the shroud in the new holes. I researched this procedure on the forum and the explanations are all the same: redrill and move down.

Here is the problem, my radiator shroud sits barely above the lower radiator hose in the stock position. It is impossible to lower it because of the hose.

I have not seen anything in the threads I read, does anyone have a suggestion? I was going wheeling this weekend so I need some help!! Thanks!!

1992 YJ, 4.0L with 1" MML and stock drive train with AX15 and 4.10 gears, 3.5" Fabtech leaf springs, 1" BL, 31" Buckshot XMTs, Softtopper, Ford Ranger Bench seat, Metal Cloak Overlines and Genright rear flares, 1" M.O.R.E. Body lift, Lots of stuff in the works!
Supertrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
jeepnbrett
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I made some simple new L brackets that are an inch longer for the top radiator mounts. For the lower mounts I redrilled the mounting holes in the radiator an inch higher up. This dropped the entire radiator down an inch.

4.0, AT, 3.5 Fabtech, 1" SRS, 1" BL, 35x13.50x15 Toyo MT's, HP30, TJ shafts, Lockrite, 8.8, Power Trax No Slip, 4.11's, Warn bumpers, W8274, SYE, and a bunch of other stuff....
jeepnbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 04:20 AM   #3
WakeDoctor
1991 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^^ This

You will have to move the whole radiator not just the shroud.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Do the Tarus fan mod when you do the lift. It's when I did mine. I got rid of the shroud all together.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 07:48 AM   #5
JCJeep97
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You might want to just do a MML along with the BL instead of screwing with the radiator. . . . I have a TJ though, don't know if this applies to YJ's.
Unread 02-23-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
Supertrey
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I ordered a brown dog industries motor mount lift but I had a wheeling trip planned for Sunday and I don't know if motor mounts will be here in time. That is why I was going to try to do the radiator shroud in the meantime and discovered that it would not lower. I don't want to miss my trip Sunday because of this silly radiator shroud if the motor mounts don't come in.
1992 YJ, 4.0L with 1" MML and stock drive train with AX15 and 4.10 gears, 3.5" Fabtech leaf springs, 1" BL, 31" Buckshot XMTs, Softtopper, Ford Ranger Bench seat, Metal Cloak Overlines and Genright rear flares, 1" M.O.R.E. Body lift, Lots of stuff in the works!
Supertrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
brentd711
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I notched my shroud for the lower hose and dropped it an inch and a half
brentd711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.