Body lift questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body lift questions

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 12-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #16
dwdrums40385
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJeeper View Post
Whoever said that is smoking something they shouldnt be.

Knotching the tub right in front of the shifter may be necessary but is silly easy (30 seconds with any grinder). You can extend the transfer case shifter if you really just want to but its not necessary, its not like you are constantly shifting the TC. Now the shifter for the tranny, you will probably want to extend that if you keep your stock shifter knob. Most people just buy a taller shifter knob like a grenade or something LOL. i simply snapped off the threaded part of my shifter in a bench vise and welded a bolt to it. Worked perfect.
i really don't know much about higher body lifts, i'me just stating that he might have to trim it a little, and it is possible for stuff to go wrong when doing a higher body lift. i'me not saying that it will. i have helped put on several body lifts (all 1") and have never had a problem. you should be fine on 2". you also MIGHThave to relocate the radiator or fan shroud, or go ahead and do a MML, or just cut out the bottom of the fan shroud, just telling him what MIGHT need to be done. you sound pretty educated on jeeps, so tell me more about the caster angles, i don't know about that, just stating what i've heard.

dwdrums40385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #17
360yj1989
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all your help! I ordered the performance accessories 2" lift yesterday and drilled all my holes and started blasting those pesky bolts today. If I keep it up everyday until I instal the lift I'm hoping they will come out without too much of a fuss. That FAQ was spot on as to where to drill the holes. It helped a lot.
360yj1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #18
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwdrums40385 View Post
so tell me more about the caster angles, i don't know about that, just stating what i've heard.
Caster is one of the parameters of steering alignment on the front axle. It has no relation to the location or even the existence of the body or how high it sits off the frame.

As for your insistence for a 1" over a 2" BL, my guess is that too is simply stating what you have heard. At least thats normally the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body lift , help needed

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.