Body LIft Question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-19-2004, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Dan R

Body LIft Question

Do the body lift kits come with new (longer) bolts? If so, how do you get at them to put them in? I know the stock ones aren't long enough to accomodate another 1-2", so how do you bolt the body to the frame?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-19-2004, 04:50 PM
Fastbeeatch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan R
Do the body lift kits come with new (longer) bolts? If so, how do you get at them to put them in? I know the stock ones aren't long enough to accomodate another 1-2", so how do you bolt the body to the frame?

Thanks
The bolts bolt from the underside up the frame as a nut or something welded to it, whatever kit you get will have the longer bolts to accomodate the lift pucks.

95 4L Auto D300 TC
103" Wheelbase
D60 Front 14 Bolt Rear 4.10 Gears
H1 Wheels 36" GoodYear OZ Tires
post #3 of 5 Old 04-19-2004, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Dan R

I guess I don't really understand how it attaches to the frame then. I thought that the bolt came down through the body and frame mount and there was a nut on the bottom? I looked at the rear two and it doesn't look like there is any way of getting the bolt out without cutting a big hole in the body?

post #4 of 5 Old 04-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Fastbeeatch
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan R
I guess I don't really understand how it attaches to the frame then. I thought that the bolt came down through the body and frame mount and there was a nut on the bottom? I looked at the rear two and it doesn't look like there is any way of getting the bolt out without cutting a big hole in the body?
the bolts don't come from the top. If you look inside youre jeep there is no signs of bolts. Look under the jeep @ the spacers and you will see a bolt, i'm not sure if it bolts to a nut welded to the frame or what maybee someone else can answer that. Actualy search for a body lift install and look for the one written up by Moxley he explains the whole thing pretty good.

95 4L Auto D300 TC
103" Wheelbase
D60 Front 14 Bolt Rear 4.10 Gears
H1 Wheels 36" GoodYear OZ Tires
post #5 of 5 Old 04-19-2004, 11:28 PM
blackw

Just put a Daystar body lift on Sunday. The bolts go up from the bottom through the bracket (which is attached to the frame) and then into the body. If you look inside your tub you will see a domed out area where the bolt is and where you would think a nut would be but there is no nut. Inside the domed area is a plate for the bolt to screw into. You just tighten from below and the bolt will screw into the plate. I am in the process of doing a write up and will have pics of this soon, i'll post them here when I get it done.

Green 95 YJ 2.5L
3.5" Superlift, 1" Daystar BL
Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, hi-flo cat
BFG Mud Terrain 33X12.50R15's
My Jeep page: http://www.math.ucsb.edu/~blackw/jeep.htm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.