Body Lift Brand ID - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Lift Brand ID

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 08-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
sirhc76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Body Lift Brand ID

This kit came uninstalled with my recent purchase as seen in the pic. Long shot but I'm sure someone has seen it before. Anyone able to ID the manufacturer so that I can confirm all the parts are here. I've searched and cant seem to find it. Most kits are installed the same way although I'd like to have a set of directions as well. Hopefully I can find this with the parts inventory list and decide if I want to install this.

Thanks,

sirhc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like performance accessorie's kit. Can not see in the bolt kit but everything appears to be there except for the hose to adjust for the gas tank. I didnt use the hose, did not need it for the 2" but i did loosen the clamps until I was done.The straight piece is for extending your shifter. I just took off the threads on my shifter and welded a longer bolt with the correct thread on. Worked well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
sirhc76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, that does looks like the brand. I don't have all the HW, no body bolts which should have been easily noticed. Now the issue is to determine what height this lift actually is. The PO bought it used from another member from what I can tell. Inside the box is one of the 933 bags, assuming it was reused. The body blocks measure 1.5 inches, safe bet would be to assume that is the lift height although I don't know if the blocks measure true to the lift?

The other concern is the radiator spacers appear to be 3inx2in and the radiator brackets are 3in on center. Ive dug through the web to try and find an install on this lift with no luck. Anyone able to tell me the actual height of this lift and if I have accessories from two sizes or if these measurements look correct. I can wait until tomorrow and call them, being impatient since I just got everything painted and would like to get it back together.

Thanks,

Last edited by sirhc76; 08-14-2011 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: added pics
sirhc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #4
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like you have some mixed, matched or left over stuff. The radiator brackets can be altered by simply drilling holes in the appropriate place. As I recall, my kit came with the bracketry for a couple different lifts. The puck height is your bl height. The rectangular stock simply lies on the frame under the rubber bushings on the left and right side bushing on the frame by the fenders. The weight will compress the bushings enough where that wont be an issue. Tack weld them in place whe you are done. If you cant just run by a machine shop and buy an employee a coke and he will throw a couple tack welds on there. Loosen all bolts but only do one side at a time. Use a 2 x 4 on a floor jack to lift on the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.