Body Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Lift

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #1
diaz425
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Body Lift

I had bought a 1.25 rough country body lift. When I was loosening the bolts 3 have broken off (sucks). And with the body lift kit that I bought I would have to reuse the old bottom bushings. I'm just going to return the kit and buy the 1in kit (cost more) but comes with new bottom bushing, washers, etc. Do I need to reuse any older parts to install new kit or does everything comes with the 1in body lift kit (for those of you who has the kit)?

Which would you recommend Daystar (KJ04505BK) $130 or Rough Country (RC609) $158?

Thanks

diaz425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaz425
I had bought a 1.25 rough country body lift. When I was loosening the bolts 3 have broken off (sucks). And with the body lift kit that I bought I would have to reuse the old bottom bushings. I'm just going to return the kit and buy the 1in kit (cost more) but comes with new bottom bushing, washers, etc. Do I need to reuse any older parts to install new kit or does everything comes with the 1in body lift kit (for those of you who has the kit)?

Which would you recommend Daystar (KJ04505BK) $130 or Rough Country (RC609) $158?

Thanks
I love my daystar kit if that helps.........it came with everything as well!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
StanF
1995 YJ Wrangler 

+1 on the Daystar Kit. Amazon has the best price on it, I think.

I like the Daystar Kit because it replaces all the existing isolators. It doesn't just add a new spacer on top of your old isolators. For the age of our Jeeps, full replacement is better, of course.
Unread 04-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #4
diaz425
1990 YJ Wrangler 

here is a review someone posted about the daystar 1in lift:
" Installing this kit on my 1994 Wrangler was pretty straight forward. My existing rubber body mounts were mostly rotted out. These pieces seem like they will last for a long time. I wish it included the factory mushroom shaped bushings that are needed (even if they were an option that costs extra)."
http://www.amazon.com/Daystar-KJ0450...owViewpoints=1
what is he talking about the mushroom bushing?
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The steel sleeve that the bolt slips through. You need to reuse that piece but the more rotten your stock bushings, the easier it is to extract.
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
diaz425
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
The steel sleeve that the bolt slips through. You need to reuse that piece but the more rotten your stock bushings, the easier it is to extract.

where can i that the steel sleeve? I might to to replace those to right?
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

They're probably ok unless your jeep looks like rusty Swiss cheese. They're more of a bushing and small spacer for the bolt to pass through the bushings into the body. Do you have a picture of your current body mounts up close?
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
diaz425
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They're probably ok unless your jeep looks like rusty Swiss cheese. They're more of a bushing and small spacer for the bolt to pass through the bushings into the body. Do you have a picture of your current body mounts up close?
rear bumber driver side
bumber.jpg   bumber1.jpg  
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm sure you can clean them up. If your time is more valuable, then buy a set so you don't have to separate.
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #10
diaz425
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm sure you can clean them up. If your time is more valuable, then buy a set so you don't have to separate.
that is the sleeve you're talking about right? what is the name for that part just in case I end up buying it?
I'm just waiting for rough country to email back with an rga number to return my 1.25in kit to send back and order the daystar 1in kit

thanks all for your help.
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #11
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

They are the steel washer bushings. I don't know the real name for them nor do I have a picture from when I did mine.
Unread 04-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #12
diaz425
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i found this kit. it doesn't say to reuse steel cup sleeve like daystar instruction says. brand is prothane.
screenshot-2013-04-26-04-52-27.jpg  

Last edited by diaz425; 04-26-2013 at 05:10 AM..
Unread 04-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #13
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a thread about those sleeves:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/b...leeves-812132/

Here is Que's post about part numbers from the dealership:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
I called a different stealership and I am happy to report that the price I got the second time was much more reasonable:

(6) 5200 1961 Retainer(Bushing Sleeve) retail price $9.55ea. discount
(4) 5200 2661 Retainer(Bushing Sleeve) retail price $7.16ea. discount

It pays to check around even at dealerships. The first dealership was about $160.00 for all the sleeves. I called around this morning after looking for piping to make my own last night with no luck. My cost for all of them comes out to about $90.00.
I looked around for piping that matched the same Outer Diameter of the sleeves and would be snug in the bushing and I didn't have any luck. If anyone can come up with a good source it woud be good info to have posted here. I was really getting frustrated with these bushings. I seriously recommend anyone buying a kit to make sure the sleeves are included or find another kit.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaz425 View Post
i found this kit. it doesn't say to reuse steel cup sleeve like daystar instruction says. brand is prothane.
This is the one I used.
Everything is included.
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

It replaces the mushroom washers with steel bushings and separate flat washers. Same concept, really.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.