Body lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body lift?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Reply
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Cjason
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 26
Body lift?

I hve 4inch suspension lift on my 90 yj want few more inches ........any help on if its a good idea and how easy it will b? Thanks

Cjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
y87j
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: wappingersfalls, ny
Posts: 285
I am in the same boat I have 33 with 4in lift with tire rub whats the best lift...and any threads to get boltsout ?they are rusted
y87j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjason View Post
I hve 4inch suspension lift on my 90 yj want few more inches ........any help on if its a good idea and how easy it will b? Thanks
Want or need? What size tire? What brand lift? Fill out your profile please
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,821
I took out a 2" bl without much effort. I imagine putting one in would be more difficult, but not very.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
jeepyj13
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: greenville, mississippi
Posts: 1,796
Got 33s? Put a 1" BL.Mostly will say thats as high as you should go which i agree on.You can also put some lift shackles like 5/8-1" with 1" being what most will say being the limit. Or do some trimming and put some tj or aftermarket flares on. I knw yoy asked for BLs but those are some options i just put out there for you Thats my 2cents
__________________
"Its a Jeeps World, other 4x4s just get stuck in it."
jeepyj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #6
y87j
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: wappingersfalls, ny
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
Got 33s? Put a 1" BL.Mostly will say thats as high as you should go which i agree on.You can also put some lift shackles like 5/8-1" with 1" being what most will say being the limit. Thats my 2cents
With the 1in bl I wont get any tire rub? I have no fender flares to give it extra space
y87j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #7
jeepyj13
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: greenville, mississippi
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by y87j View Post
With the 1in bl I wont get any tire rub? I have no fender flares to give it extra space
not really a BL guy but with a 4" spring a 1" BL is sometimes all you need just to completely clear tires esp. 33s. i see you got RC by your profile right? i have the same RC(as of now) i recently added 1" lift boomerang shackles addition to the 4" springs to give some more clearance. in reality it may only lifted 1/2" more. i added aftermarket flares but i nvr got around trimming fenderwells. i can stuff the 33s good before actually rubbing the untrimmed space. if i were to trim i probably wouldnt rub. there are other things you can do to help prevent rubbing along with just adding a BL such as lift shackles and tj flares are a few great mods. good luck with the build
__________________
"Its a Jeeps World, other 4x4s just get stuck in it."
jeepyj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
timatoe
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Grass Valley California
Posts: 13,821
I'd suggest looking into doing TJ flares before doing a body lift. 4" springs and TJ flares should fit 33's with no issue. If not, get better springs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Orwell
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
y87j
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: wappingersfalls, ny
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepyj13 View Post
not really a BL guy but with a 4" spring a 1" BL is sometimes all you need just to completely clear tires esp. 33s. i see you got RC by your profile right? i have the same RC(as of now) i recently added 1" lift boomerang shackles addition to the 4" springs to give some more clearance. in reality it may only lifted 1/2" more. i added aftermarket flares but i nvr got around trimming fenderwells. i can stuff the 33s good before actually rubbing the untrimmed space. if i were to trim i probably wouldnt rub. there are other things you can do to help prevent rubbing along with just adding a BL such as lift shackles and tj flares are a few great mods. good luck with the build
its not the flares i am worried about .. i have no flares on now... its the wheel whell i cant clear i dont get a goo flex because the tire hits the back corner before it tucks
y87j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
WakeDoctor
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 683
This tread is so horrible it is humorous. You teenagers really need to learn to utilize sentence structure. I find it funny how someone can type a whole paragraph and manage to capitalize BL several times, but not one other word.

y87j, Fix/extend your bump stops you won't rub any more.
WakeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #11
Anticanman
Follow me
 
Anticanman's Avatar
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,252
What isn't being addressed is there is significant cutting to install tj flares.
About this much to be exact.

See sig for grammatical complaints.
__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
scramjeepbler
Junior Member
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: kingston, pa
Posts: 80
lift kit no body lift

I have a 4 lift with 1 1/2 lift shackles Im running 33 x 12.50 x 15 on ultra 15 x 10 rim with no body lift no tire rub . you need offset rims or wheel spacers . I did run 31 x 9.50 x15 trxus m/t on stock canyon wheels with tire rub on front only . went to wider tire & rim with offset no rub at all
scramjeepbler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
ptrcrynn
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 122
there is a thread on removing those bolts if there rusted you will have to use search. It shows you the exact location to drill in tub above each bolt so you can soak in PB Blaster. I'm not looking foward to it.
ptrcrynn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #14
devoX13
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Reading, Michigan
Posts: 268
What I ran into when I removed mine was not rusted bolts. I started soaking mine 2 weeks before we started our project. But the threaded piece on the tub side was spinning.
devoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
jeepyj13
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: greenville, mississippi
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDoctor
This tread is so horrible it is humorous. You teenagers really need to learn to utilize sentence structure. I find it funny how someone can type a whole paragraph and manage to capitalize BL several times, but not one other word.

y87j, Fix/extend your bump stops you won't rub any more.
Im not worried about your insult. Its a forum not a serious deal, so I dont care about the grammer on here. Just trying to suggest, but I assume you all have that covered hopefully. The thing I found "humorous" about your post though I'm not a teen either haha. Good day to you all.
__________________
"Its a Jeeps World, other 4x4s just get stuck in it."
jeepyj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.