Body Armor w/body lift install help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Body Armor w/body lift install help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-12-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
yjryne
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Body Armor w/body lift install help

I bought a set of Body Armor rocker guards for my 94 YJ, and i knew there would be a gap when i installed them, but I just figured I'd work my way around it. Well, todays that day. I installed them on one side like they are supposed to be, and there is about a 2 and a half inch gap between them and the tub, so i was thinking I could move them up to right under the body lift pucks, but this would require trimming the sides of the pucks to make the armor fit.
So, my question is will it be safe to trim the sides of the pucks in order to mount the rocker guards there?
As always, any help is appreciated! thanks

Here are some picks:

100_0817.jpg   100_0818.jpg   100_0819.jpg  
yjryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
yjryne
1998 TJ Wrangler 

sorry about the huge pictures.
Unread 07-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
yjryne
1998 TJ Wrangler 

results

Alright, I got it done! cutting the body spacer "pucks" took a loooonggg time, but I think it was well worth it!
These are pictures with a 2 inch body lift, and I think they look pretty good, and they also cover up the body lift!
The first picture is of the puck on top of the armor mount, i had to cut off part of the side on both side about a half inch deep and one and a quarter inch high to make them fit right.

These next ones are of the finished product:

I like it!
and hopefully this may help someone
Unread 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
mrspradlin
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was looking at them also. How do you like the quality of them?
Your install looks great
Unread 07-12-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
yjryne
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!
I like the quality of them so far, i havent really had them on long though, or beat them up, but the construction seems pretty nice. The're fully boxed and capped on both ends so no mud clogging up in there, and the powder coat looks pretty good, and seems thick.
overall I like them!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.