Bob - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bob

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 10-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
Bobbb
2012 JK Wrangler 

Bob

My rear brake pads are down to .002 and the front is at .008. Is that normal. Shouldn't the wear be 60/40 the other way. It's a 2012 sport Wrangler with 34995 miles. Shouldn't this be covered by warranty?

Bobbb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
jaycal3
Web Wheeler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb
My rear brake pads are down to .002 and the front is at .008. Is that normal. Shouldn't the wear be 60/40 the other way. It's a 2012 sport Wrangler with 34995 miles. Shouldn't this be covered by warranty?
Wrong forum for your jeep..... And brake pads are a wear item-I've never known them to be covered under a warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum... So excuse the typos, my iPhone is challenged.

Do your part for Leukemia research - help find a cure.
http://mskcc.convio.net/goto/Jay_Calabrese
KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It depends on the quality of the pads and rotors being used. A lot of times you can get away with only changing the front brakes the first time, and getting to the back at the second change. Not always. Just replace them all if they are worn, it doesn't cost much.

Wear rate depends on how you drive. If you drive 20 mph over the speedlimit and keep hitting the brakes because you are tailgating or weaving in and out of traffic, you are going to need a lot of brake pads. Change your driving habits...
mike134 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2014, 09:32 PM   #4
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

You have 35 thousand miles on your Jeep, Bob. Change your pads.
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #5
metalhead
2000 WJ 

If I remember correctly from when I was a mechanic at a jeep dealership, brake pads are only covered for 1 year.
metalhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
Myjeep1986
1986 CJ7 

Brake Pads

It is a wear item and owner responsibility: On my daily I have 98k and still on original brakes-depends on your foot/driving habits. The brides on the other hand is heavy on the brake-ugh!!
Myjeep1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.