Blowing Gauges Fuse Over and Over - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Blowing Gauges Fuse Over and Over

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
redbullrr
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Blowing Gauges Fuse Over and Over

I have went thru about 15 fuses. Sometimes it works most of the time it blows out rite away. Clearly there is a grounding issue. Does anyone know if I can rewire the gauges or is there a ground I should be looking for to re-run a new ground?

It's specific to the fuse for my RPM, and gauges.

redbullrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You need to pull the cluster. There is a common issue with corrosion on the connectors. Look up using a light bulb to troubleshoot to save you some fuses while you figure out whats wrong.
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.