Blower motor replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Blower motor replacement

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 01-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Northinger
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Blower motor replacement

I am replacing my blower motor, what i thought was just a simple unbolting from under the battery looks like it will be a little more. What does replacing this involve I thought it was just unbolting it from the outside, but I don't see any mounting for it. Where does it mount?

Northinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/heater-core-219329/
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It's harder than it looks, but is much easier than the typical car. you need to remove the heater assembly.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

it is actually pretty easy if you have two people, lol. the hardest part is getting the heater plenum back in and getting the first nut started. if you have one person start the nut while you lift the plenum back in it is really pretty easy. my daughter and I did it on my jeep recently. I swapped the heater core and the blower motor. in a 90 you have to modify the firewall a bit to get the upgraded motor to fit. you won't have to do that. I used the same writeup that was linked to above. it really does a nice job of showing you what to do. if you are not replacing the heater core it is really easy you would not even have to split the plenum. having said that if you have not ever replaced the heater core and you are going to all the trouble of pulling the plenum to replace the motor I would swap the core as well.
mustanggarage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

If you have AC it's even more fun. I was able to do both without unhooking any AC lines but it was a b*&$h. Just take your time and have patience.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
Northinger
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Now that we replaced it, the motor I bought off of ebay was slightly different for some reason so we did have to take some sheers to the firewall. But now that we put the assmbly back to the fire wall, ive had this wicked draft from the upper portion of the "intake" on the passenger side for some reason, any help?
Unread 02-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Did you put a seal around the blower when you put it in?
Que89YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
Northinger
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You know that vent to where the blower housing lines up to on top. Well its not exactly lined up to that theres like an inch gap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.