blinkers, horn, head lights don't work. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > blinkers, horn, head lights don't work.

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
brightsideme
1989 YJ Wrangler 

blinkers, horn, head lights don't work.

So I bought this jeep about 3 months ago and its been nothing but problems really. turns out its not a quick fix like the guy who sold it to me said it would.
my turn signals, horn, and high beams don't work. my head lights work but only cause they are wired straight to the switch and battery. I'm also missing my ECM on my yj, not sure if it has to do with anything.
I'm thinking the wiring harness is all screwed up but I dont know the first thing about anything on jeeps. I've already spent more money on this jeep than what i bought it for. help me please

brightsideme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
tdewit
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightsideme View Post
my turn signals, horn, and high beams don't work. my head lights work but only cause they are wired straight to the switch and battery. I'm also missing my ECM on my yj, not sure if it has to do with anything.
Welcome! The ECM (Engine Control Module) does not have lights etc interfacing. The wiring from the inside harnes goes through the plug in the firewall, drivers side. Are these connected?

PM me your private email address, and I'll send you the wiring diagram
tdewit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
Budke
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdewit View Post
Welcome! The ECM (Engine Control Module) does not have lights etc interfacing. The wiring from the inside harnes goes through the plug in the firewall, drivers side. Are these connected?

PM me your private email address, and I'll send you the wiring diagram
Sending you a PM for the diagram.

Colbert 2016!
Sometimes I question my sanity. Occasionally it replies.
Budke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Fenix85182
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Have you gone through the fuse box yet? On an '89, the relays for headlights and such are located in odd places. Get a Haynes manual and take time testing to see if things work.

Welcome to the forum! Working on a Jeep can be very frustrating, but have patience and perseverance and the forum will guide you.
Fenix85182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
brightsideme
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I just got in contact with a old friend of mine and he he took a look at it. Turns out it wad a mixture of a lot of things. Some stuff wasn't connected and some bulbs where burnt out. But the biggest thing was that the previous owner cut the headlight harness in different places. I've been trying to figure it out for a long time and my friend took care of it with ease lol. Thank you everyone for the feedback
brightsideme is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.