Bleeding hydraulic clutch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bleeding hydraulic clutch

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 11-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
glebo
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Bleeding hydraulic clutch

ok, folks. Me again. No I don't have manual yet. But I will get one tomorrow..Speaking of which, whats the best one to get, Clymers or Chiltons, which one??

Sometimes the manual is not as good as "back yard mechanic" ways.

I used the search function, but it didn't actually give me what I wanted to know.

To bleed the clutch, do you do it like ya bleed the brakes, or is it better to "reverse" bleed it? Meaning, forcing fluid up the bleeder valve up to the the MC?? (with the cover off)??

Hope ya didn't eat to much...like me

Happy Thanksgiving...let the wheels roll..

glebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

You should fill out your profile so we know what transmission you have. I am assuming a manual transmission with an internal slave cylinder. Coming out of the back of your bellhousing should be two metal tubes, one going to the master and another that is the bleeder. Unscrew the bleeder valve and pump the clutch until there are no more bubbles. Pump a few times and then hold it to the floor and repeat this. Once there are no more bubbles close the bleeder and you're done. Also keep the master fluid filled up as it will drain some during this process.

The BEST manual to get is the Jeep FSM. These can be found online in electronic form or you can purchase one on ebay or the like. Any of the Chilton or Hanes will work just fine for most things though. I have a Hanes manual and the FSM.

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
glebo
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks L93, Yeah, the tube and bleeder are there in the bellhousing, that is correct. As far as tranny..I guess I gotta get underneath with a notepad and write down info to put in my profile...I suppose it would help knowing what type of tranny/xnsfer/motor I'm dealing with.

Thanks.

Off to autozone to get some fluid.

How this all came about..the clutch friction zone is very close to the floor, I'd guess around 3-4" (new clutch and PP were done not to long ago) and I get a "thunk" sometimes while shifting, (sounds like coming from tranny area) or even going over bumps on the hiway.

We checked and tightened some exhaust brackets, which the caty was sort of bumping the skid plate.

I've checked all tranny, motor, and xnsfer mounts, U-joints and they're all good.

I hope it's nothing internal, as the seller (who I trust) said all were gone through when he had the motor rebuilt...less that 3K ago..

I guess I'll just live with it until something explodes, or falls apart...

Thanks again for the help. Along with fluid, I'm also gonna get a manual...so I can RTFM..
glebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.