Bleeding external clutch slave - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bleeding external clutch slave

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
thebeast64
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bleeding external clutch slave

How can I do this? I've got one of the slaves without the bleeder valve. Can I reverse bleed it by pumping the slave rod causing the fluid to go back up to the reservoir?

thebeast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
SoK66
1976 CJ5 

Don't hold me to this because it's been awhile since I monkeyed with a YJ, but IIRC it will self-bleed as you cycle the pedal. A few have a little bleed screw on them, but the factory sold them as a matched set with the clutch master already filled & bled. You did have to cycle the pedal a few times to get them operational. If that won't work you can possibly just bled it at the lines.

Last edited by SoK66; 10-26-2011 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: Fix the usual typos
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.