Blackdiamond Coil Conversion.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Blackdiamond Coil Conversion..

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-04-2002, 03:17 PM   #1
WhiteMoss1090

Blackdiamond Coil Conversion..

I currently have a rubicon express SOA lift on my 92 yj, i wanted to put a blackdiamond coil conversion on, unfortunately the company went bankrupt a few years back...If anyone has a used Blackdiamond coil conversion kit that you are willing to sell PLEASE email me, I WILL buy it...oh yeah..nobody buy a pro comp coil conversion...they suck.

WhiteMoss1090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2002, 09:58 PM   #2
SFM1AE2

I talked to a 4x4 shop a few weeks ago and they said the same thing about the procomp. They also said a new company had bought the blackdiamond design and made some of the small improvements that were needed and is reintoducing the system in a month or two. I can't remember the company's name but I'm sure it won't be hard to find when they put it on the market.
Unread 02-04-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Superlift is the company's name.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2002, 05:00 PM   #4
Tailgummer

My understanding was that the company that bought Black Diamond tooling and rights was a Florida company named "Woods Ready" They will start selling the line again in the next month or two.
Regarding the Old WARN (Black Diamond) coil conversion kit, a club member bought one of the first kits they came out with. We as a club installed it. It was a B...ch to install. Took us a couple weeks. A lot of grinding and welding. The kit is not removable unless the rig is trashed. After it was all said and done he was very happy with it but it did not perform any better than my SOA. (we both have YJ's)The money he spent on that kit could have given him some serious power train upgrades. The WARN kit has its limits, as future upgrades are not there. Since then, I have increased my SOA lift by 2" and gone to 35" tires. The same tires on his rig would stuff the wheel wells.
My opinion (which is only important to me) is to stick with your SOA and use the money for a power train upgrade.
Good Luck
Chuck
WWW.4x4xnorthwest.com
Tailgummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2002, 05:23 PM   #5
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Black Diamond is now WOODS READY who knows if the kit will be the same as before. About the pro-comp thing they are bad but not as terrible as some others.
Unread 02-05-2002, 05:30 PM   #6
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just refreshed and caught tailgummers reply and he answered my question on what people thought about the conversions. It seems like a waist of money to me but what does your money matter to me anyway. I have a TJ and there is a black Yj in Chattanooga with 35gfj muds spring over and 2.5" bds springs and man I love that jeep there is just something about it. Has anyone besides me druled over the SOA black YJ in the quadratec and acme catalogs? It has 3 rancho stabalizers to control what looks like 38-40" TSL swampers.
Unread 02-05-2002, 07:53 PM   #7
rollinashortysahara

hey
check it out
they kept the old name

here is the new blackdiamond line
rollinashortysahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2002, 07:54 PM   #8
rollinashortysahara

sorry osborn its woodsready
rollinashortysahara is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.