Black Grill Inserts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Black Grill Inserts?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-29-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Black Grill Inserts?

Ok for the last week or so i have been trying to find black inserts for my grill. Not just for "looks" but so that my radiator doesnt take anymore of a beating from bugs/rocks. All i can find are chrome ones, and i dont like chrome. I was wondering if i was to buy them off ebay, sand them down and paint them black if that would work. Some say there stainless steal some say aluminum? but i always thought they were plastic. If it were aluminum would it be easy to sand? I dont think stainless steell is very sandable. What do u think? They look like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
or these ones i kinda like more (again they would be black)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(
JeepDrivr93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2004, 10:54 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quadratech has some pretty nice ones that are already black. I bought some and I'm very happy with them. Click on the link below.

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sgi...M=00&x=56&y=34

Unfortunately, the picture on their site does not do them any justice. They only show the brushed aluminum ones.
Unread 09-30-2004, 08:26 PM   #3
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

thanks, i didnt think they made black.

Unread 09-30-2004, 08:38 PM   #4
mYJ

Ive actually been thinking about making some (winter project) with a black mesh metal to set behind the grill instead of the billet style. When I get it done I'll post some pics.
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2004, 08:40 PM   #5
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

sweet. i was thinking about buying black gutter grill but its hard to find the stuff that is wide enough.

Unread 09-30-2004, 08:49 PM   #6
mYJ

Thats what I was thinking about using too, although I was thinking about making one for each slot (hopefully not too much of a PITA) rather than the whole grill... We'll see.
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2004, 01:41 PM   #7
superjoe

i would sugest one of those bug screens that go on the front i will see if i can find one on line to show a picture
()_) ()_)----)_)
superjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.