Black Grill Inserts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Black Grill Inserts?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 09-29-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Black Grill Inserts?

Ok for the last week or so i have been trying to find black inserts for my grill. Not just for "looks" but so that my radiator doesnt take anymore of a beating from bugs/rocks. All i can find are chrome ones, and i dont like chrome. I was wondering if i was to buy them off ebay, sand them down and paint them black if that would work. Some say there stainless steal some say aluminum? but i always thought they were plastic. If it were aluminum would it be easy to sand? I dont think stainless steell is very sandable. What do u think? They look like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
or these ones i kinda like more (again they would be black)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(
JeepDrivr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quadratech has some pretty nice ones that are already black. I bought some and I'm very happy with them. Click on the link below.

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sgi...M=00&x=56&y=34

Unfortunately, the picture on their site does not do them any justice. They only show the brushed aluminum ones.
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 07:26 PM   #3
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

thanks, i didnt think they made black.

Unread 09-30-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
mYJ

Ive actually been thinking about making some (winter project) with a black mesh metal to set behind the grill instead of the billet style. When I get it done I'll post some pics.
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2004, 07:40 PM   #5
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

sweet. i was thinking about buying black gutter grill but its hard to find the stuff that is wide enough.

Unread 09-30-2004, 07:49 PM   #6
mYJ

Thats what I was thinking about using too, although I was thinking about making one for each slot (hopefully not too much of a PITA) rather than the whole grill... We'll see.
mYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2004, 12:41 PM   #7
superjoe

i would sugest one of those bug screens that go on the front i will see if i can find one on line to show a picture
()_) ()_)----)_)
superjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.