Is the Black Diamond X2 kit still available? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is the Black Diamond X2 kit still available?

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 09-29-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
NeilErickson
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Is the Black Diamond X2 kit still available?

Hi guys,

Do you know if the Superlift/Black Diamond X2 kit is still available? My local dealer says no, but I've found nothing on the web mentioning it being discontinued and I haven't found an email address for Superlift yet. Does anyone out there have an email address for Superlift or Black Diamond?

Thanks,
Neil
1987 AMC Jeep YJ

NeilErickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

I know Superlift is still around being that I just bought my spring from them 6 months ago via 4wheel parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
bfuller
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I"d like to know that same thing. Only thing out there I am finding right now is the Fabtech 8" Crawler system. Fabtech is a little to costly for my taste. Anyone out there that knows where to find the X2 system, and better yet where to find a good deal on it?
bfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #4
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfuller
I"d like to know that same thing. Only thing out there I am finding right now is the Fabtech 8" Crawler system. Fabtech is a little to costly for my taste. Anyone out there that knows where to find the X2 system, and better yet where to find a good deal on it?
Holy thread revival batman, I searched it up and made some calls , I'm getting an offroad shop to call their superlift dealer and they'll call me back tomorrow, or something like that
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
jbrown73
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Per the Quadratec tech I spoke to a few weeks back, Black Diamond is currently involved in bankruptcy proceedings....that's why their products are back-ordered with no expected ship date except for those items already on Quad's shelf. Have not confirmed this info, but that's what the tech passed on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rproject View Post
The only thing I can say is to close your eyes. Seriously. If you close your eyes and pay attention to your finger tips, you'll be able to feel the nuts better and manipulate them easier.
jbrown73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:23 AM   #6
kgb_m3
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Superlift changed ownership and had some complications filling their orders. They should be up and running shortly. Best thing is to call and talk to Joey. Black diamond division is currently on hold.
kgb_m3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #7
bfuller
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Ammit. Was just bored looking through old posts and saw one that asked a question I wanted an answer to!
bfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfuller
Thanks Ammit. Was just bored looking through old posts and saw one that asked a question I wanted an answer to!
Well they said they're not sure what's going on with black diamond but you can get yourself one made for 4 grand
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
NeilErickson
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the late update to my old post.... Wow! I was not aware of Superelift's difficulties! I had actually phoned them sometime after my post, spoke with Roger Ouchley and ordered the kit directly from Superlift on a pre-paid build to order basis. It took 6 months to get everything but the entire kit is now on a palet in my workshop!

Happy 4-wheeling and keep the shiny side up!
Neil
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Post pics when it's done!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #11
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Not to throw water on the parade but there is a reason (besides SL`s issues) that the BD kit is no longer/tough to get.

Simply put it did not work very well. Recall JD installing one a few years back and much of it was re-engineered to make it work decently.

If I was dead set on doing a commercial kit I`d call Bob at TNT or Dave at Poly for starters.

Mac is doing front and rear frame kits that start you off with a decent foundation for a custom set up..

Not saying it cannot be done. Many have but the availability of off the shelf kits that work decently is pretty limited to non-existent.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #12
NeilErickson
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the heads up, but I already purchased it and it's sitting on a palet on my workshop floor. I had eagerly followed the original Warn Black Diamond XCL kit since it was 1st introduced but was never in a position to be able to justify purchasing it. When the X2 kit came out and replaced the XCL there were several articles that talked about issues with the XCL that the X2 fixed. When I was finally ready to bite the bullet the XCL kit was no longer available, I checked out some of the competing kits and read various reviews and at the time all I found were rave reviews about the X2 kit with the only complaint being the cost and some thought that the 7" lift was a bit too much for a short wheelbase Jeep YJ. Do you have any info on the issues people ran into with this kit and any details on the re-engineering required? I'd appreciate any helpful input!

Thanks,
Neil
Unread 08-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #13
jsawduste
Web Wheeler
2006 YJ Wrangler 

Neil perhaps IHave the two kits confused. Joe Dillard would be a good contact. All the best.
jsawduste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black diamond , superlift , x2 , xcl , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.