Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Black Diamond Suspension- 1.5" lift

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  smokeybear 
#1 ·
Where is the best place to buy/order a Black Diamond 1.5 " Suspension Lift. I have only found one place online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#10 ·
DevilDogJeep said:
Why don't you go higher than 1.5". There are plenty of other lifts out there.
I dont plan on going too big. thinkin bout 1.5" suspension, 3/8" boomerangs, and 1" bl. I want to keep a fairly low cog, and build a capable huntin/fishin rig, maybe a loker in the front eventually.

#11 ·
I got a Superlift 1.5 for the same reason - low COG. JC Whitney had a good deal going for awhile - 20% off. I believe Superlift now owns Black Diamond, but I don't know how much the parts interchange. Some things about the Superlift that I'm not wild about:

1) Had degree shims on the front springs, nothing but a transfer case drop for the rear. Never heard of that combo before, but it seems to work. Runs straighter down the road, and no vibration.

2) Front springs moved the front axle rearward about 3/4 inch or so. Rear springs moved the rear axle forward about 3/4 inch or so. My wheelbase is now 1 1/2 - 2 inches shorter than before. That plus a slightly stiffer spring rate makes for a rough ride. Wheels are not centered in the wheelwells like before. Rear is especially obnoxious because the factory flare sweeps back farther in front than in the back, so the tire is just off the front of the flare but has a few inches to the back of the flare.

3) Best thing - I haven't bottomed out on the rubber bumpstops yet! From the looks of the mud, they haven't touched since installation in October. My factory springs had a shiney clean spot from regular contact with the bumpstops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.