bikini top install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > bikini top install

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 06-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
jth0033
1987 YJ Wrangler 

bikini top install

so this weekend i decided to buy a few things off of a guy parting out his jeep. i ended up getting a bikini top and wanted to install it in the next few days. my yj isn't a factory soft top so i don't have the rear footman loops to strap the bikini top too. can anyone show me the location of the footman loops?? also it looks to be that the top is held to the windshield with two snaps, is this correct?

jth0033 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
MWguy101
1995 YJ Wrangler 

On my bikini top, I do not use the floot loops. The front part locks in the windsheild channel that holds the soft top. Then the straps lock around the roll bar. My snaps are on the side.

Check this out. They all have pdf direction. Just find the one that looks like yours.
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/124.pdf
Jeep Brief Tops - Quadratec
Unread 06-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
jth0033
1987 YJ Wrangler 

okay yea i found those before, the big thing is where to place the footman loops that i bought. should come stock on a soft top of this year range. can anyone help with pictures?
Unread 06-21-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
Wild Hare
1991 YJ Wrangler 

you need to determine the placement of the footman loops yourself depending on the length of the straps. different manufacturers have diff lengths. put the top on, run the end of the straps thru the buckle with 6 inches or thru the buckle and see where the fold of the strap ends up. usually somewhere on top of the inner fender near the tailgate.
Wild Hare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I put the footman loops about an inch and a half from where the base of the rollbar meets the tub.

And with the snaps your supposed to drill into the windsheild frame and screw on the snaps, this is just for added safety so it doesnt fly off at high speeds. My soft top channel was too long so i couldn't screw the snaps into the frame so i did without and it stays on at highway speeds.

Ill see if i can get pics tomorrow.

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/motorcraft-carb-swap-961766/[/url]
beachedjeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
jth0033
1987 YJ Wrangler 

anybody got pictures? or should i just measure it out and see how it looks. i got the bestop bikini by the way... not sure if that matters and or helps
Unread 06-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
topgun6969
1990 YJ Wrangler 

do you have the channel? My channel was also to long so i put the snaps onto the channel...looks good works good what more can i ask for. As for the footman loops anywhere you feel like putting them is completly fine; as long as they are symmetrical you and have tension you should be fine Mine are on back on top about six inches from the tailgate of both side
topgun6969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
NateWithoutBeer
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachedjeepyj View Post
I put the footman loops about an inch and a half from where the base of the rollbar meets the tub.
Ditto this. It's not very complicated. Make sure your straps reach and screw them down.
NateWithoutBeer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.