Biggest Tire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Biggest Tire

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-22-2005, 01:39 AM   #1
Brindle19

Location: Pine Grove, PA HERE IN PINE GORVE WE PREGAME LIKE YOU BOYS PARTY
Biggest Tire

I have a turbo Charged 2.5 L 4cyl so Power is not a problem for me.. I dont do heavy off-roading. I cant fit up to about 36's under my Jeep My question is what can the stock tranny and rears handle with out blowing them out with some mild mudding and mainly on road driving.>>>

Brindle19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 01:52 AM   #2
j-man

33", 35 if you want to push it.
pioneer cd deck, sony xplode speakers
cragar rims/30" continental

soon to come:
2.5 spring lift
1" body
31" tires (i like fender clearance :) )

[COLOR=Red]Red Jeep Club #297[/COLOR]
j-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
brundz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

turbo charged 4 banger huh? that be cool to see, have any pics? can you do faster than 75 on the highway now or was it not that much of an improvement?
brundz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 01:55 PM   #4
jeepboy21

sorry to hijack but you have a 2.5L turbocharged? please pm all the info you have on this.

oh and to answer your question i would just go w/ 33"s since you are not going to be doing much hardcore wheeling 33's will give you nice performance on and off road and good looks.
jeepboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 01:59 PM   #5
Brindle19

no way i can do 90 on the free way.. .I bought a Manual from a guy for 20 bucks on how to do it... it moves real good and only runs about 7lbs of boost.. it isnt alot of cost either if u get a used turbo from a dodge daytona or something.. i have 31's now and i can move pretty good
Unread 12-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #6
JPH
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brindle19
we are installin a turbo into my jeep. I have bought a manual on how to do it from a guy who has turbo charged his jeep. i need bigger injectors though. I will be using and adjustable map sensor so iam pretty sure that will kinda cancel the computer out. but anybody know some cars that have them in stock
What injectors did you go with? And I want to see some pics too. A $20 book from a guy and a junkyard turbo; sounds easy.
Unread 12-22-2005, 02:27 PM   #7
brundz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wow it'd be nice to be able to do that...probs didn't hurt your gas mileage too too much either. plus the sound of a blow off valve on the jeep would just be worth it in itself haha man that'd be nice
brundz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 02:42 PM   #8
Brindle19

i used 36lb per hour fuel injectors.. it really is easy if you know what your doin.. not sure what is extremely funny about it.?? i would line it up again ur jeep n.e day
Unread 12-22-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
JPH
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i used 36lb per hour fuel injectors.. it really is easy if you know what your doin.. not sure what is extremely funny about it.?? i would line it up again ur jeep n.e day
Still no pics?
Unread 12-22-2005, 02:50 PM   #10
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

On 12-8 we had a little disagreement as to what all needed to be done to properly install a turbo on a yj, I'm suprised you got it all installed and dialed in already with junkyard parts. Thats awesome. I would love to see some pice of it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 02:56 PM   #11
jeepboy21

Quote:
no way i can do 90 on the free way.. .I bought a Manual from a guy for 20 bucks on how to do it... it moves real good and only runs about 7lbs of boost.. it isnt alot of cost either if u get a used turbo from a dodge daytona or something.. i have 31's now and i can move pretty good
cant do 90? really? i can do 90. i dont need to and havent since i was 18 and really stupid. got a ticket for doing 92MPH in a 45 or 55. was trying to get it to 100MPH.
jeepboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 03:13 PM   #12
Big_Black_YJ

all the 4cyl Turbo fieros were the same 2.5L jeep uses?

why's it so unbelievable?

in an engine bay as huge as a 4 cyl Jeep it'd be easy....the hardest part is making the manifold and hardpiping....but anyone with a welder and some balls (and a few spare manifolds ) could do it....especially at 7psi

i'm not saying he has it or he doesn't

but it really isn't that hard if you're dead set on doing it
[FONT=Tahoma][B]Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #89[/B]
[COLOR=Sienna][B]New England Jeep Club Member #5[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Official I Own a Toy Jeep Club Member #5[/COLOR]
Swamp Donkey 4x4 [/B]

[B]1994 Saab Aero[/B]
*MAPTUN STAGE 7, *3" JT Exhaust, *SQR intake
470HP...1/4 mile ET: 12.67 @116MPH

[/FONT]
Big_Black_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 03:21 PM   #13
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey, i wasn't saying he didn't do it, I said I was suprised he did it so quickly. But there is alot more than just weldin in some pipin, especally when we are talking about these computer comtrolled models. He has a 92 so there is ALOT more going into it. I woulnd't be so suprised if he had purchased a kit but he is doing this from junkyard parts. So I would just like to see some pics, if it looks good I would be intrested in buying the manuel he has purchased. Besides Fiero's had the same block thats about it, different heads, intakes, exhaust everything else, so it wouldn't be a bolt up application like a lift. With all the needed map adjustments to reset timing to compensate for the added heat that would cause predentation of the fuel and to recurve the stock air/ fuel ratio so the computer wouldn't try to continously try to correct a rich/ lean condition. It would be very difficult with out a BDOII reader and a dyno, to properly do it. Thats to get the most for your buck. NOw to just throw a turbo on there alet it go you would be rebuiliding real quick.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747535
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 03:22 PM   #14
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepboy21
cant do 90? really? i can do 90. i dont need to and havent since i was 18 and really stupid. got a ticket for doing 92MPH in a 45 or 55. was trying to get it to 100MPH.

some how i translated "no way i can do 90 on the free way" to mean "no way dude i can totally do 90" could just be me........

anywayz post up some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #15
Big_Black_YJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRed
Hey, i wasn't saying he didn't do it, I said I was suprised he did it so quickly. But there is alot more than just weldin in some pipin, especally when we are talking about these computer comtrolled models. He has a 92 so there is ALOT more going into it. I woulnd't be so suprised if he had purchased a kit but he is doing this from junkyard parts. So I would just like to see some pics, if it looks good I would be intrested in buying the manuel he has purchased. Besides Fiero's had the same block thats about it, different heads, intakes, exhaust everything else, so it wouldn't be a bolt up application like a lift. With all the needed map adjustments to reset timing to compensate for the added heat that would cause predentation of the fuel and to recurve the stock air/ fuel ratio so the computer wouldn't try to continously try to correct a rich/ lean condition. It would be very difficult with out a BDOII reader and a dyno, to properly do it. Thats to get the most for your buck. NOw to just throw a turbo on there alet it go you would be rebuiliding real quick.

no i fully agree with you, but come on

how many ricers do YOU know who buy the edelbrock turbo kits for their cars and hook them up without a new ECU, tunign their ECU, touching their fuel pump or injectors and so on?

i know a few

i wasn't arguing with you, i was just saying maybe he just slapped it on and went with it?
[FONT=Tahoma][B]Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #89[/B]
[COLOR=Sienna][B]New England Jeep Club Member #5[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]The Official I Own a Toy Jeep Club Member #5[/COLOR]
Swamp Donkey 4x4 [/B]

[B]1994 Saab Aero[/B]
*MAPTUN STAGE 7, *3" JT Exhaust, *SQR intake
470HP...1/4 mile ET: 12.67 @116MPH

[/FONT]
Big_Black_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.