Bfg km2.. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bfg km2..

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Reply
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #31
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ripon, California
Posts: 19,223
My bad, the site says they're measured at 34.8 not 34.5. I will measure mine when I get home.

__________________
Luck Favours The Prepared
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #32
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec
 
dillonjm's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Warrensburg, MO
Posts: 3,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Max psi is 35 on the 35x12.50x15's.You don't need max psi unless your towing 15,000lbs otherwise you wearout the center tread and really have no traction.
If you're towing 15k you better have something a little heavier duty than a 6 ply 35 psi tire..not to mention a rig capable of towing it.

Your point remains valid, however.
__________________
03 Rubi on 35's (Weekend Toy)

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #33
YJames90
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dutchess County, NY
Posts: 6,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLADE View Post
Stay on the street and you won't be dissappointed since you don't have bad winters in Alabama.


They where worthless offroad. Wouldn't clean out, wouldn't dig, and had no lateral traction. They are pretty much worthless at the sight of water. This was a common sight for the KM2's. I wanted them gone before I made it to 3/4 tread. At 1/2 tread, they where removed and replaced. I'll never consider running them again.

You are doing it wrong What do you air down to?
My 33s are awesome in deep snow, mud, rocks , street, everything!!
I usually air down to 12 psi. Anything lower my diffs drag. I am getting the same tire in 35 when these wear out.
Sorry youve had bad luck with such a good tire
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke View Post
Spring Over is not for you.... yet





My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #34
YJames90
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dutchess County, NY
Posts: 6,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
All BFG's are known to run short in certain sizes.
Its strange because everyone says my 33s look like 35. My friends 2012 rubi gets the same comments
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke View Post
Spring Over is not for you.... yet





My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/4...begun-1237704/
YJames90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:14 PM   #35
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless
 
rebelbowtie's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman

Methinks I'm a little confused by this statement.
I mean that all BFG tires ie T/A KO, KM2, T/A KDW etc are known to run small in certain sizes. I guess that statement could have been confusing, I don't get too worried about how true to size a tire runs though just as long as it performs.
__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #36
SLADE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 26537
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
You have to be a troll, I cannot take this post serious. I have ran Nitto Mud and Terra Grapplers and they both suck at nearly everything. They wear like soap and the Mud Grapplers require a lot of power to spin because they're so heavy.


I'm just someone who was very dissapointed in my BFG KM2's.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JK
2012 Wrangler JKU
2004 Wrangler TJ on LEAFS
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:35 PM   #37
SLADE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 26537
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by YJames90 View Post
You are doing it wrong What do you air down to?
My 33s are awesome in deep snow, mud, rocks , street, everything!!
I usually air down to 12 psi. Anything lower my diffs drag. I am getting the same tire in 35 when these wear out.
Sorry youve had bad luck with such a good tire



Thats a picture of a 3/4 ton truck going after a load of firewood. You don't air down to haul a load.

With all things being equall, they performed the worst.
__________________
2013 Wrangler JK
2012 Wrangler JKU
2004 Wrangler TJ on LEAFS
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 03:42 PM   #38
ssyj94
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: new york
Posts: 859
Slade... actually ive had 3 friends try xterrains over the years, one of which is currently got them on a jk. Guess what they're under a year old and all 4 are worn to the wear bars from street driving. Ive personally seen many different companies tire faluires and shortcomings. Not all radial tires are equal at all but a km2 and mtrk are at the same level. As far as sidewall strength i was referring to you arent gonna have a stupendessly stronger tire unless it weighs more like a pitbull rocker. To say km2s are garbage since you got stuck in an aired up 3/4 ton truck is silly. Guess you dont get the joke about the thornbirds.

How would you like to intelligently discuss tires we have personal experience with?
__________________
linked/locked and ready to rock
rightcoast4x4.com
ssyj94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #39
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless
 
rebelbowtie's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Daphne, AL
Posts: 2,056
I've ran them on a 3/4 ton truck too and they still performed admirably and towed my trailer with confidence
image-326249575.jpg  
__________________
He's an angel dressed in oilskins; he's a saint in the "Sou'wester,"
He's a pluck as they come, or ever can;
He's a hero born and bred, but it hasn't swelled his head,
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #40
SLADE
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 26537
Posts: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94 View Post
To say km2s are garbage since you got stuck in an aired up 3/4 ton truck is silly. Guess you dont get the joke about the thornbirds.

How would you like to intelligently discuss tires we have personal experience with?
Why is it silly? Because it demanded more from the tire than a Jeep can demand? It had weight and wheel speed working against it? Airing down wasn't an option? Is it silly because another 3/4 ton truck with 285 STT's was able to walk around all over the place and the KM2's couldn't even make it up a slight incline to get loaded? Is it silly because I went the same places before I had the KM2's and the same places after I replaced the KM2. Is it Silly because I spent my money on a set of overrated tires and replaced them at 1/2 tread because they wouldn't perform as needed?



I would love to have an inteligent discussion about tires I have experience with. I'll even allow you to pick the ones you want to talk about.

As far as MT tires go, Right now I have..
Nitto Mud Grapplers
Pitbull Rockers
Goodyear MTR/K
Super Swamper Boggers
Fierce Attitude MT

In the past, Ive ran...
BFG KM2's
BFG KM
Pro Comp Xterrains
Pro Comp XMT
Pro Comp MT
Toyo Open Country MT
Mastercraft Courser MT
Maxxis Buckshot Mudder
Super Swamper TSL Radial
Super Swamper LTB
Super Swamper SSR
Super Swamper Thornbird
Super Swamper TRXUS MT
Super Swamper Boggers
Ground Hawg Bias
Buckshot (original)
__________________
2013 Wrangler JK
2012 Wrangler JKU
2004 Wrangler TJ on LEAFS
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
SLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #41
TrentYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 170
So much hostility geeze.... they're just differences of opinion (AND OPINION ONLY) so, to me, u guys are both right in your own respect. But real talk, you guys sound like 2 year olds... seriously. You can reference my sig for more of my opinion on that.

Anyways, I've had these pull great for me for a while and I get a very comfortable ride on the street at about 20 psi. A lot better than my old 31's ever did. Why do you guys seem to run much higher in the ~26 psi range? Are there advantages that I am unaware of? Mine seem to be wearing very well at this pressure.
__________________
"Arguing over the internet is like running in the Special Olympics...Even if you win, you're still retarded."
-François-Marie Arouet
TrentYJ is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.