Bfg 31-10.50-15 or 30-9.50-15 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bfg 31-10.50-15 or 30-9.50-15

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all JKS Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #16
Jastrauskas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the responses!
I guess it's the 30-9.5-15.

Jastrauskas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #17
SoNova
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just my 2c to help with your question, I have been running 31 10.50's for about 12 years on stock suspension and have had no problems until about 3 years ago when I put a new set (exact same tire) on. Now due to extremely worn out springs I get a slight rub at full lock on the wheel, never any other time. Not trying to persuade you just letting you know what I have found. I will say that the entire wheel well is full of tire.
SoNova is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would go with the 30's myself. I had the BFG A/T's on stock steel rims on my last Jeep and had rub when the wheel was turned so they hit the spring. My 30" tires on aftermarket alloys do not rub anywhere, but these are more of a good all season road tire. The edges are not as sharp as the BFG's were so that may be the difference too.

I think you will find that the 31's are just a bit too much for the 4 banger. Also, if you are running stock steel rims, I noticed a big change with the American Racing alloys I put on. Less "spun weight" will help with the power issue and those steel rims are much heavier. I know it seems tiny, but it allowed me to stay in 5th gear on the highway where the steel rims with 30" tires had me shifting into 4th all the time.

I would also seriously look at the 4.0L throttle Body swap, this was a very noticeable highway improvement! A hill that 5th gear would be grabbed at 65mph and make me drop back to 60mph at the top of the hill, had me pulling almost 75mph at the top of the hill. Say want you want about power around town and such... but top end on the highway pulling that hill that I do everyday was a stunning change!
Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #19
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have the BFG A/T KO on right now. 30x9.50R15. I get rub at full turn, but they only rub on the leaf springs. You can see the polished spot. I wouldn't have gone 31" just too much. Not needed. I have them on stock size steelies, you can eliminate the rubbing I'm sure if you can get a different back spacing on the rims.

This whole thread makes no sense to me, I mean are you just driving the jeep to make people think you actually use it for it's god intended purpose of being soaked in mud. Wait, you must only drive it in parades right? I just don't get it, if you don't want it, I'll take it and give it the love and care it needs. The jeeps needs must be met, for gods sake man, take her out and get her WET! Go now, with haste!

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #20
VenomousMaximus
1992 YJ Wrangler 

"This whole thread makes no sense to me, I mean are you just driving the jeep to make people think you actually use it for it's god intended purpose of being soaked in mud. Wait, you must only drive it in parades right? I just don't get it, if you don't want it, I'll take it and give it the love and care it needs. The jeeps needs must be met, for gods sake man, take her out and get her WET! Go now, with haste!"

X2 -= I also have 30x9.50 tires on my jeep with stock suspension with no rubbing issues=-

Z06 Awesome !

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.[/QUOTE]
VenomousMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #21
Jastrauskas
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah, look for me in the Macy's thanksgiving day parade!
Jastrauskas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #22
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jastrauskas
Yeah, look for me in the Macy's thanksgiving day parade!
Lol

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.