Better Heat in a YJ! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Better Heat in a YJ!

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #31
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just want to say great idea and nice work on building something that looks really good and is functional. I really think you should pattent the idea because it is something every YJ should have from the factory.

RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2004, 07:33 PM   #32
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHavok797
I just want to say great idea and nice work on building something that looks really good and is functional. I really think you should pattent the idea because it is something every YJ should have from the factory.
Thanks RC, I agree, YJ's should definitely have had something like this from the factory. Now it's not just my toes that are unfrozen

Just out of curiosity, has anyone complete a set of their own yet? my first set went out in the mail monday so I have yet to have any feedback from other YJ owners.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #33
holmes133

Nick,

It was great doing business with you! I recieved and installed the vent covers last Friday. If there is anyone out there that is tired of having cold hands or just being cold while driving their YJ then you should definitley have a look at these!

2002 WJ Limited, 4.0...all stock...the wife's car!
holmes133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 05:08 AM   #34
CosmicCreeper
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Dude take out a loan borrow money what ever it takes, patent this NOW before some other a$$ hole does it, you could be the next sticky note millionaire.

Nice work by the way, I was gonna make me some but when I get ready for them I fork over the cash to ya.
USN Jeep Club Hull #1
CosmicCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 07:33 AM   #35
Rynxprs

Do YJ's usually have a Heat problem...because my 89 YJ heat BURNS my feet!

I turn it on high when i first start it up...20 min or so later I need to turn it off or cool it down because my feet are burning and i'm sweating.

Maybe I just got lucky.
Unread 01-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #36
JeepDrivr93
1998 XJ Cherokee 

They have a heat problem on the upper body portion. These vents direct the air toward your upper body but can be flipped back to re-direct the air to the windshield.

1998 Cherokee Classic - SOLD

1993 YJ - SOLD :(
JeepDrivr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:09 AM   #37
Freshj
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I can almot never keep the heat on full unless it's a really really cold day. Otherwise it burns me out of my seat...
Green Jeep Club Member #142
Freshj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #38
NIUPonyBoy
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would so "buy" that since I won't steal your idea. But alas my clinometer is in the way. Very cool.

John
-'07 Mineral Gray Ford Mustang GT Convertible
-'05 Silver Dodge Ram2500 PowerWagon Hemi 4x4
-'05 Silver Ford Freestar SEL Handicapped
NIUPonyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #39
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy
I would so "buy" that since I won't steal your idea. But alas my clinometer is in the way. Very cool.

John
just tell me the measurement and i'll adjust them. i too have a clinometer and they still work fine with it there. just need to slide the shields out to the sides a little. the shields don't sit flush to the dash/vent anyway so overlapping the edge of the vent really isn't a problem.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
Unread 01-04-2005, 04:17 PM   #40
Lockout

Sent... You came up with a great idea...

Now on the patent part... You're kind of covered to a point... You published pictures of what it is and does... This will allow you to block some jerk off from getting a patent before you, but then if someone does send in an application before you, it may also block you from getting it. So you both lose...

It may be expesive, but I would at least get the ball rolling. When I had looked into it a couple years ago for an idea I had, it was going to cost me about $8,000 to get the patent (could have done it cheaper by not going through an attorney), and maintain it. Then as I thought about it more, and did some research on it, I found that there wasn't really a market so I dropped it. I would lie cheat or steal the money to get the patent, It would not only apply to Jeeps, but it could apply to any car out there. You could be looking at a pretty decent market for them. Good luck with it...
Unread 01-04-2005, 06:46 PM   #41
GhostDog

S,

Where in NY are you? I'm in NYC, maybe I can come pick up a set. I definitely want one for each side, a full-wide whatever. Very cool idea. Or, uh, warm idea, I mean. Email me at silverappleofthemoon@yahoo.com. I have a 95 YJ. Thanks,

Jarrett
GhostDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2005, 04:07 PM   #42
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got my vent covers in the mail today. If I didn't know any better I would have thought I ordered them from Quadratec. Not only were they packed well but they came primed, assembled, included excellent directions, and the screws to mount them to the dash came in their own plastic bag. They are an absolutely perfect fit for the vents and they couldn't be constructed any better. I knew I was going to like them but I am extremely impressed with their quality and the steps Sentinal took to make it look as if a large company made and packaged them. If anyone is thinking about getting them then by all means don't hesitate because it was an absolute pleasure doing business with Sentinal and I just want to say thanks again.
Unread 01-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #43
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHavok797
I got my vent covers in the mail today. If I didn't know any better I would have thought I ordered them from Quadratec. Not only were they packed well but they came primed, assembled, included excellent directions, and the screws to mount them to the dash came in their own plastic bag. They are an absolutely perfect fit for the vents and they couldn't be constructed any better. I knew I was going to like them but I am extremely impressed with their quality and the steps Sentinal took to make it look as if a large company made and packaged them. If anyone is thinking about getting them then by all means don't hesitate because it was an absolute pleasure doing business with Sentinal and I just want to say thanks again.
Thanks for the feedback RC, glad you liked them. i meant to warn you, but i left the pivot screws loose so they'd be easier to disassemble since you mentioned you were going to paint them. i'm sure you can figure out that they'll need to be tighter when you actually install them

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
Unread 01-14-2005, 05:50 AM   #44
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That was the first thing I noticed and I realized you did it for my benefit.
Unread 01-15-2005, 09:29 AM   #45
GhostDog

Amazing. Awesome. Very nicely done. I love home made stuff and these are super sweet. Good skills, Nick. They don't look all half-hammered, wobbly, and crooked. really professional. I definitely recommend you all get a set. I don't have Air Conditioning, but does it come out the same vents? (New thread? better cooling in a YJ? I never think of AC except on rainy summer days when the hard top is on.)

Thanks, Nick. nicely done.
Jarrett

http://june23rd.com/
http://june23rd.com/persuasion/
GhostDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.