Bestop Tire Carrier? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bestop Tire Carrier?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 06-04-2002, 01:45 PM   #1
BzJeep
2001 WJ 

Bestop Tire Carrier?

Anyone use this? I am getting Warn Bumpers and I thought I would just get the Warn Tire Carrier and Bumper but Ive heard that it can raddle and the clamp to hold it in place wears out and doesn't shut as well. Also that it doesn't let you open the door fully. IS the Bestop Carrier any good? Someone got a picture of a 33x12.50 tire on theres?

[b]Green Jeep Club Member #16[/b]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/id/bzjeep[/url]
BzJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2002, 02:16 PM   #2
Sean00TJ

I don't have any closeup pics, but I have one on my TJ (same as YJ, just one bracket different) and it has worked out really well over the last few months. REALLY nice finish, quality parts, and it's fully adjustable- so no rattling/etc.

I did have to drill two holes in the body. But the instructions are clear (and even in color a few times) which made for a great install.

I'd put up a 35" tire on it no problem. It has nice poly insert washers so nothing rusts at the joints. Very similar to the spare tire caddys on second generation Toyota 4-runners.

It also uses as much OEM holes/mounts as possible, which is nice.
Unread 06-04-2002, 02:20 PM   #3
BzJeep
2001 WJ 

Ok thanks! Sounds good. Gonna buy mine soon maybe when I get my tires!I would have had to wait for bumpers and everythign but now I don't!

[b]Green Jeep Club Member #16[/b]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/id/bzjeep[/url]
BzJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2002, 03:13 PM   #4
Sean00TJ

Yeah- way better for the $ than most of the other $5-600 bumper mounted spare tire carriers I have seen. BTW- I have 33x12.5 BFG MT sitting on there.

The adjusters are nice on it. Even the packaging was great! When you shut the back door, it all gets pinned up against the OEM rubber bump stops. Nice and tight.
Unread 06-04-2002, 03:23 PM   #5
JeepN87

Does the bestop tire carrier attach directly onto the body of the jeep? Or does it attach to the bumper?
Unread 06-04-2002, 03:58 PM   #6
moabster
2011 WK 

Hey JeepN87,
The BesTop Carrier attaches to the rear of the jeep in two locations with an additional connection to the rear door. The rear door connection is not load bearing, just a stabilizing connection.
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.