bestop supertop question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > bestop supertop question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 06-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #16
sconnors
1995 YJ Wrangler 

When you roll up the rear window do you leave the snaps snapped to the rear bow or do you unsap them? Someone should do a video and post it on YouTube or here if you can do that...oh well we've got rain in the forecast for the next two days so I'll have to wait...Great input!! Thanks for all the very useful info! This is a great forum!

sconnors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #17
BondoBbad
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I always leave the snaps on the bow. Someone may have another opinion. But my top has to little elastic straps with button snaps that hang down that will hold your rear window in place when you roll it up. You have to unzip the top zipper almost all the way to get to the button on the left. Next time the weather is nice just go out and start putting it down. Its easy, I'm sure you will figure it out. And the steps I listed earlier are just the method I have adopted, you may figure out a faster/easier way for you to do it. But there really isn't much to it.
BondoBbad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2010, 08:51 AM   #18
jth0033
1987 YJ Wrangler 

can the top be put up without the windshield brackets? i just bought the top from a guy on craigslist and he didn't have the windshield brackets. looked to order them and everyone has them on back order, saying it could be a week or two...
jth0033 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2010, 09:14 AM   #19
57plymouth
1992 YJ Wrangler 

No. You need the windshield brackets. If not, the main hoop will not stay upright.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.