Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

best spark plugs?

2K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  JaySpencer66 
#1 ·
Any recommendations for spark plugs for my '93 I6 YJ?

#2 ·
i've always used NGK for all the cars i've had and don't have one bad thing to say about them when used properly.

#5 ·
JaySHOguy said:
Haven't had any issues with the Champion Truck plugs.
another vote for the champion truck plugs. not expensive and solid performance. i had ngk's in my saturn and they are quality plugs. for a jeep though, id reccomend the champions.

#6 ·
Yet another vote for Champion Truck Plugs.. there in both my jeeps

#7 ·
Bosch Platnum (single electrode). Works awesome and I don't have to worry about gap erosion.

#9 ·
I buy the cheapest plugs I can find for my Jeeps and have never noticed a difference between them and more expensive, fancy plugs -- even in the 4.0 h/o engines.
I just change them every 15-25k miles.

#12 ·
Champion Truck plugs being discontinued? I saw them in the clearance/disco circular at PepBoys and Strauss?????? Might stock up in case the replacements are -=-=-=-=.

#14 ·
NGK is the way to go

#15 ·
I got Bosh Platinum 2's a split plug in my 91 I6, and it runs like a champ. Thing is I also replaced the cap, wires roter, and used di-electric grease on the boots at both ends. I also did an oil change at the same time, as well as changing out the air intake with a cone filter, so it's hard to tell if it's just the plugs, but the truck runs really well now! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.