best shackles for a comfortable ride - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > best shackles for a comfortable ride

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
Xzero117
1990 YJ Wrangler 

best shackles for a comfortable ride

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2.5 OME lift, my jeep already has a prothane body lift

the last piece of the puzzle would be a set of shackles to complete the suspension

I'll also be replacing swaybar links, the tierods, all the bushings

this jeep will be on the road 80% of the time, this is mostly my roadtrip vehicle/ blizzard mobile

Xzero117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i have boomerang shackles on mine and am in the process of installing an ome 2.5

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction". --I am not sure who said this but it properly describes our president.
superj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
Randonexplosion
Trailer Queen

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Some nice boomerang shackles with greasable bushings would do the trick. You can get them from several manufacturers. Here is where I got mine since they are semi-local to me http://www.mountainoffroad.com/_e/de...les_Plates.htm

You can also PM this guy to keep it in the JF family. He is probably cheaper too http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/BESRK

August YJOTM

Exiled Offroad - Colorado
Randonexplosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
Some nice boomerang shackles with greasable bushings would do the trick. You can get them from several manufacturers. Here is where I got mine since they are semi-local to me http://www.mountainoffroad.com/_e/de...les_Plates.htm

You can also PM this guy to keep it in the JF family. He is probably cheaper too http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/BESRK
x2 on the BESRK shackles.
They are WAAAAAy cheaper than the MORE shackles. You do have to paint them and source your own hardware though. I spent about $6.00 on bolts and sleeves when I bought his shackles, so no biggie.

His shipping was fast and the product was nice and beefy. Can't go wrong with them.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
rogerv

1989 YJ Wrangler 

X3 on the BESRK products, I have them on all 4 corners. Great customer service and product.
rogerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
coolin4u
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerv View Post
X3 on the BESRK products, I have them on all 4 corners. Great customer service and product.
Same here
coolin4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

X4 on Eddies stuff he made the front bumper on my 95. It was great. Planning on getting some of his booms for the smurf
Unread 10-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #8
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have booms on mine too, but the shackle themselves aren't going to make a whole lot of difference. What will make a difference is how tight you make them, they certainly do not need to be tightened down to 60 ft. lbs.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #9
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

This is important

The red is the inner steel bushing and is paramount for proper shackle dynamic.
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #10
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

This is all that matters for shackle 'comfort'. Anything else is for another reason (booms for inversion etc, greaseable is a maintenance issue, not a performance one, lift is variable depending on needs.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
This is important

The red is the inner steel bushing and is paramount for proper shackle dynamic.
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #11
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
I have booms on mine too, but the shackle themselves aren't going to make a whole lot of difference. What will make a difference is how tight you make them, they certainly do not need to be tightened down to 60 ft. lbs.
If they are designed proper you can make them as tight as you want and still move freely.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.