Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

best option for 33's

768 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jbolty 
#1 ·
so here is my dilemma i want to eventually end up on 33's and am looking at replacing my springs at this time. i am torn between ome 2.5, bds 3.5, or the zone 3.5 i heard they are bds under different name? told i will need to do a body lift if i go with the ome. what to do? anyone running any of these set-ups? what are thoughts? the bds and ome are pretty close in price. thanks

#2 ·
OME with 1 inch body lift is plenty for 33's. It actually comes out to around 3.5" even though it is advertised as 2.5.

I think some people even run them without the body lift.

Zone and BDS are also highly recommended here though, but not the same ride quality. you sacrifice this with price.

#4 ·
Go with OME. Zone are not the same springs as BDS, both are just owned by the same company, Sport Truck USA.

Reactions: hardrockminer
#5 ·
2.5" springs, half inch lift shackles, 1"body lift and 33's, 1 inch motor mount lift and no vibes. Then every jeep is different. If you got money to spend I'd do 3.5 or 4 inch lift and sye and drive shaft

Attachments

#6 ·
Pictured: OME springs, 5/8 shackles, 1" body lift, TJ flares on 33s. There is enough room but after a while the tires started pushing up the front fenders so a year or so after this I did a high line with tube fenders on 35s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.