best muffler/exhaust system! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 49 Old 02-05-2014, 10:39 PM
imstillatwork
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwheelin View Post
For $80 that's true,but could you call that oem fit?
Absolutely. The part about grinding was only if you wanted to really clean up the insides - same as would be needed with OEM if you really looked at the welds (or casting on the iron manifolds). The bolt on fit was perfect.

imstillatwork is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 49 Old 02-05-2014, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
RCwheelin
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork View Post

Absolutely. The part about grinding was only if you wanted to really clean up the insides - same as would be needed with OEM if you really looked at the welds (or casting on the iron manifolds). The bolt on fit was perfect.
Yeah definitely sounds like the way to go. Were the welds messy to begin with or just a little unsightly?

93' YJ
RCwheelin is offline  
post #48 of 49 Old 02-05-2014, 11:11 PM
imstillatwork
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwheelin View Post
Yeah definitely sounds like the way to go. Were the welds messy to begin with or just a little unsightly?
Just not perfect. They aren't created with any craft or artistry of a custom made manifold or anything. And I'm sure it varies from one to another on production. Tons and tons of people on these forums run the ebay stainless manifolds.
imstillatwork is offline  
post #49 of 49 Old 02-05-2014, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
RCwheelin
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Rancho Cucamonga
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork View Post
Just not perfect. They aren't created with any craft or artistry of a custom made manifold or anything. And I'm sure it varies from one to another on production. Tons and tons of people on these forums run the ebay stainless manifolds.
Yeah, and quite honestly i have plans to turn my dd into a crawler within a few years. Its gonna get dinged up anyway so as long as it holds up to abuse and sounds good then id be happy getting it (local muffler shop has clonemaster that their supposed to advertise to sell, he told me dont even bother, "I had one on my rig and the baffles blew within a week" haha)

93' YJ
RCwheelin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome