best muffler/exhaust system! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > best muffler/exhaust system!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 02-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #46
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwheelin View Post
For $80 that's true,but could you call that oem fit?
Absolutely. The part about grinding was only if you wanted to really clean up the insides - same as would be needed with OEM if you really looked at the welds (or casting on the iron manifolds). The bolt on fit was perfect.

imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #47
RCwheelin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork View Post

Absolutely. The part about grinding was only if you wanted to really clean up the insides - same as would be needed with OEM if you really looked at the welds (or casting on the iron manifolds). The bolt on fit was perfect.
Yeah definitely sounds like the way to go. Were the welds messy to begin with or just a little unsightly?
Unread 02-05-2014, 11:11 PM   #48
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwheelin View Post
Yeah definitely sounds like the way to go. Were the welds messy to begin with or just a little unsightly?
Just not perfect. They aren't created with any craft or artistry of a custom made manifold or anything. And I'm sure it varies from one to another on production. Tons and tons of people on these forums run the ebay stainless manifolds.
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #49
RCwheelin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork View Post
Just not perfect. They aren't created with any craft or artistry of a custom made manifold or anything. And I'm sure it varies from one to another on production. Tons and tons of people on these forums run the ebay stainless manifolds.
Yeah, and quite honestly i have plans to turn my dd into a crawler within a few years. Its gonna get dinged up anyway so as long as it holds up to abuse and sounds good then id be happy getting it (local muffler shop has clonemaster that their supposed to advertise to sell, he told me dont even bother, "I had one on my rig and the baffles blew within a week" haha)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.