best muffler/exhaust system! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > best muffler/exhaust system!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #31
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns003 View Post
Once again, not to hijack but what is the difference between a yj down pipe and a tj down pipe? What does it add or change?
Wraps around the front of the oil pan instead of under the trans. Check my wife's Jeep in my sig to see what I installed.

bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2014, 12:10 PM   #32
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Run it out the back. I just bought this aftermarket tailpipe from Autozone for under $30. It's a stock replacement and you only have to weld it in. I will probably rent a tube expander then weld it in.

Thanks Louie, THAT is exactly the part I need! Found and ordered it...
This product is a fit for your:
1993 Jeep Wrangler 4WD 4.0L MFI 6cyl

Part Number: 44966
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 11:31 PM   #33
RCwheelin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlaw72 View Post
Not true headers have to have a carb# and bungs for o2s cats have to be California approved cats but everything back is up to you
So what are you running? And I just had to go through $200 worth of smog work on my cat so I know what that's like.
Unread 02-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #34
RCwheelin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imstillatwork View Post
Ebay stainless steel with flex joints. like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangle...d5a972&vxp=mtr

$80, good enough construction. A die grinder will clean up the inside welds if needed.
Really how can you beat it for $80???
For $80 that's true,but could you call that oem fit?
Unread 02-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #35
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwheelin
So what are you running? And I just had to go through $200 worth of smog work on my cat so I know what that's like.
the pacesetter is like a long tube that is carb'd

I WANT WAFFLES..
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #36
jjlaw72
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm still running the stock manifold for now don't know which one I want to run yet but I'm running a magnaflo high flow cat and a magnaflow muffler, but up top I'm running 4.0 tb mustang 5.0 injectors and a modified aem intake from a tj to take advantage of the poison Spyder hood lovers and to get it over to the passanger side to keep it away from the exhaust heat
jjlaw72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #37
NHfireLJ
Jeeper Creeper

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlaw72 View Post
I'm still running the stock manifold for now don't know which one I want to run yet but I'm running a magnaflo high flow cat and a magnaflow muffler, but up top I'm running 4.0 tb mustang 5.0 injectors and a modified aem intake from a tj to take advantage of the poison Spyder hood lovers and to get it over to the passanger side to keep it away from the exhaust heat
Are you indicating you installed the hood louvers to provide more intake air?
LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495

BETTY...94 SE, Stroker 4.6, 4.5,lift,35"s,D30 Aussie, 8.8. Sold

Hummer Intake
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/
NHfireLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #38
jjlaw72
1993 YJ Wrangler 

No I already had them so I might as we'll take some extra advance from them
jjlaw72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #39
jojojeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

if you want some cranking sound, get the cherry bomb extreme , one in and two out ,what a deep sound, a little to much for me I had to baffle mine , but if you keep them under your jeep or do like I did over the rear end and out the back . no matter what way you do it there is absolutely drown , if you go to my you tube ch. I did a video on it , I would post it here but I don't know how to . OH I FORGOT MY YOU TUBE CH . IS jojojeep1
jojojeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 02:16 AM   #40
RCwheelin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojeep1 View Post
if you want some cranking sound, get the cherry bomb extreme , one in and two out ,what a deep sound, a little to much for me I had to baffle mine , but if you keep them under your jeep or do like I did over the rear end and out the back . no matter what way you do it there is absolutely drown , if you go to my you tube ch. I did a video on it , I would post it here but I don't know how to . OH I FORGOT MY YOU TUBE CH . IS jojojeep1
Ok I will check it out, I want a nice deep sound that won't drown out the music too much while driving
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #41
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

If exhaust drowns out your music, upgrade your stereo.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #42
LindsayAtBorla

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCwheelin View Post
Thanks guys and no I'm not expecting to win any drag races with my jeep as soon as I slap a muffler on (like any of us would race a jeep anyways) just mainly want a better exhaust note. I've heard a lot of good things about flow master, but anyone hear anything about borla? There is a god deal on them at my local muffler shop
Hi RCwheelin,

If you want to make your YJ Wrangler have a louder, more aggressive sound, then check out Borla’s system (part #14364) we offer for your Jeep! You can expect better performance, sound, and fuel economy with our cat-back systems. All of our systems are made of durable, high quality, 300-series austenitic stainless steel and come with our Million Mile Warranty. I’ve included a comparison video below of a straight pipe versus our cat-back system on a ’91 YJ. If you have any questions about our products, please give us a call at 805-986-8600 and we’ll help you out. Happy exhaust hunting!

VIDEO: Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.0L (straight pipe vs Borla exhaust):

www.borla.com
LindsayAtBorla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #43
RCwheelin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayAtBorla View Post

Hi RCwheelin,

If you want to make your YJ Wrangler have a louder, more aggressive sound, then check out Borla’s system (part #14364) we offer for your Jeep! You can expect better performance, sound, and fuel economy with our cat-back systems. All of our systems are made of durable, high quality, 300-series austenitic stainless steel and come with our Million Mile Warranty. I’ve included a comparison video below of a straight pipe versus our cat-back system on a ’91 YJ. If you have any questions about our products, please give us a call at 805-986-8600 and we’ll help you out. Happy exhaust hunting!

VIDEO: Jeep Wrangler YJ 4.0L (straight pipe vs Borla exhaust):
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfXNfFm84ew
Okay interesting I'll take a look
Unread 02-05-2014, 07:21 PM   #44
Xzero117
1990 YJ Wrangler 

the straight 6's sound really mean with a flowmaster 40 series

if you have the 4 banger i'd advise against something aftermarket, makes you sound like a ricer
Xzero117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #45
RCwheelin
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzero117 View Post
the straight 6's sound really mean with a flowmaster 40 series

if you have the 4 banger i'd advise against something aftermarket, makes you sound like a ricer
Yeah I'm going with a 40 series, now I just need to get some dough together

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.