Best ignition wires for I-6 with MSD 6AL? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best ignition wires for I-6 with MSD 6AL?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 10-09-2001, 09:44 PM   #1
SFM1AE2

Best ignition wires for I-6 with MSD 6AL?

Any suggestions? I'm using stock wires right now.

Unread 10-09-2001, 11:11 PM   #2
Nightclaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm partial to Jacobs Electronics "Energy Core" wires myself. I have also had good luck with Taylor wires. Stay far, far away from Magnacore wires. I had a set for my '99 Camaro, and they were absolute junk - I ended up replacing them within 6 months.
4.0L / AX-15 / Stock NP231 / Stock D30 (open) / D60 (35-spline, Detroit locker, Moser axles) / rear disc brakes / 4.56 gears / Advanced Adapters SYE & CV Shaft / 33" BFG MT-KM's / Thorley Header / Magnaflow Muffler / BesTop Flares
Nightclaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2001, 11:46 PM   #3
-D-

How do you like the MSD ignition kit? I was considering putting on one my I-4, any problems with timing or otherwise? Any noticable power increase?
-D-
-D- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2001, 11:12 AM   #4
SFM1AE2

Its hard to say exactly what the MSD box did for me since I upgraded to the offenhauser intake and 4 bbl holley carb at the same time. This combination has increased power but lowered fuel economy. The spark off the MSD is huge so some adjustment of spark plugs may be necessary to find one that runs cool enough. Also I am now pushing more fuel into my engine than it can burn so don't try this if you have to pass emissions. No problems with timing. You do have to buy an extra tach gauge adapter so your tach will work with the box.
Unread 10-12-2001, 12:43 AM   #5
-D-

Thanks for the information. I was milling about the idea of putting in a MSD, K&N and Headers but I was also worried about what it would do to my emissions. I've got '95 with EFI though instead of carburated which might help but I've got a lot of other mods to do for now Although I'll probably get a K&N soon haven't heard any side effects for it.
-D-
-D- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.