Best 2 - 2.5 " lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Best 2 - 2.5 " lift?

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 02-04-2002, 09:03 PM   #1
93YJSahara

Best 2 - 2.5 " lift?

Decided to lift my jeep finally, any opinions on the best/most complete 2-2.5" lifts?

93YJSahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2002, 10:34 PM   #2
95yj-4 cyl

The best kit by far within the 2-2 1/2" range is the Old Man Emu kit. This kit is about 2 1/2" tall. The ride is the smoothest I've ever experienced in a YJ and the flex is outstanding too. This kit is a little more than most, but well worth it. I had an OME kit on a previous YJ (the only reason I don't with this Jeep is I wanted more lift than the OME kit gives). Definitely a "2" thumbs up kit.
95 yj, 4 cyl, auto trans, 4:88 gears, detroit front locker, rear detroit with super 35 kit, short shaft conversion, 4" superlift, 32" superswamper radials
95yj-4 cyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2002, 11:01 PM   #3
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

Several of the guys I wheel with swear by the OME kit also - never heard a bad thing about it. In fact, it's the ONLY lift that I've never heard anything negative about.
Unread 02-05-2002, 01:31 AM   #4
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have never heard any complaints on the OME kits other than price. I installed a 2.5" BDS system on a 95 two weeks ago and was impressed with the quality of the kit and the low price.

---------------------------------------------
99 tj-3BDS system 3" body 33"bfg's
Unread 02-05-2002, 01:48 AM   #5
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hello again! jimsoffroad.com has the 2.5" BDS kits and will probably cost under $400 even with shipping. You will need some good quality shocks. I have always used Trailmaster shocks on the kits I have installed for people but, I am sure there are better and maybe even cheaper shocks out there.
Unread 02-05-2002, 07:04 AM   #6
hog

I've got the BDS system (lift, shocks,etc), real happy with mine. It rides pretty harsh, (stiffer than the OME kit). Why I chose it was because I carry alot of weight and I was told the springs were rated higher (it rides much nicer with 1000-1500 lbs in the back). I have never heard any bad things about BDS service (automatic replacement), even though I've never had aproblem.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2002, 07:16 AM   #7
Ryan K

I have the RE-XD in 2.5". Its the most complete kit I've seen and has an unbelieveable ride. The only downside is that it is expensive, however it includes everything that you need.
Unread 02-05-2002, 10:33 PM   #8
93YJSahara

decisions, decisions, deciions.......I want a complete kit, and a good ride since this is my main form of transportation. The OME kits sounds good but is kinda pricy, and I am hearinf mixed things about the BDS kit. Damn this is a hard decision. Is the BDS kit available with progresive springs? Think if I went with the edelbrock shock it would make a differance in ride? Wife complains about the ride now being harsh, and want a little better ride than stock.
Unread 02-06-2002, 09:41 PM   #9
93YJSahara

Here's a new twist......I thought my jeep was a little higher than most were stock. I went to a 4X place to see about the BDS kit and got to lookin' at my jeep and realized I have a 2"(thats what the guy said) shackle lift on it. Now what, put stock ones on and go with the 3 1/2" bds? or just add a 1" body lift?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.