belt replacement now clicking noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > belt replacement now clicking noise

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
rubisean
1990 YJ Wrangler 

belt replacement now clicking noise

1990 4.2 p/s a/c 5 speed, replaced serpentine belt and it squealed so i tightened the belt a little more. now i have a ticking noise that gets louder then fades and comes back. I used a long screw driver to my ear to isolate the noise to no avail, it sounds like a lifter but i cant hear it through the valve cover via the screw driver. tried the same to a/c , alternator, water pump, p/s pump..... i did drive this way for a few weeks before i loosened the belt. please i am up for suggestions. thanks

rubisean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
XJ93
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Check your idler pulleys.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.