Belly Tuck - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Belly Tuck

I have an 8.8 and an NP231 with SYE and want to know if I can remove the drop spacers on the transfer case and tuck it back to the stock location.

Pictures will be put in the next post as they are on my phone not computer. SORRY

Wave as you pass me :D

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

forumrunner_20120822_192920.jpg

forumrunner_20120822_192933.jpg

The problems of owning 2 Jeeps ... I never know which one to work on or which YJ gets the next mod ...
post #3 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 05:42 PM
G30SFF250
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I plan to do my tummy tuck at the same time that I do my rear axle swap. Set the pinion angle once.

I would rather have a broke Jeep, than no Jeep at all.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I understand that, but I have the 8.8 set now (and it was set up with the spacers in) and want to know if I can pull the spacers and tuck it now or if it will be too much of an angle

post #5 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM
zte87
GIVE IT THE ONION

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
It's hard to say, it not hard to take the spacers out if it throw is off to bad you can fix it with a small degree shim. When I did my 8.8 I made sure my tc drop was tossed So I would't have to worry about it. I know that does't help you but just saying.........

luck favors the prepared - anticanman
post #6 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 09:07 PM
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

To go along with what zte87 said, best way to find out, considering how easy it is, is to just pull the skid spacers and take her for a shake down run. Just take it easy and you'll find out in short order whether you've got vibes or not.

The Toy:93 YJ
The DD:00 F250 7.3
Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Anticanman
RIP one good jeeper

1994 YJ Wrangler 

So you're going back to stock and not doing a tummy tuck? I would take it one step further and get the brown dog motor mount lift and a teraflex belly up pan and go all out while you're in there.

Then again, y'all don't seem to have too many rocks in Florida that aren't used by landscaping crews...

Luck Favours The Prepared
post #8 of 9 Old 08-23-2012, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
mrmark
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
So you're going back to stock and not doing a tummy tuck? I would take it one step further and get the brown dog motor mount lift and a teraflex belly up pan and go all out while you're in there.

Then again, y'all don't seem to have too many rocks in Florida that aren't used by landscaping crews...
I was just going to remove the spacers and gain that much height back. Not looking to change anything else at this time. The main goal right now is to get it back up and running and this is just a matter of putting it back together without the spacers if it can be done without having too much angle.

I guess I'll have to do what ThomasYJ suggested, I was trying to get an answer before and not have to go back and undo the change if it doesn't work.

post #9 of 9 Old 08-23-2012, 03:08 PM
ThomasYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmark

I was just going to remove the spacers and gain that much height back. Not looking to change anything else at this time. The main goal right now is to get it back up and running and this is just a matter of putting it back together without the spacers if it can be done without having too much angle.

I guess I'll have to do what ThomasYJ suggested, I was trying to get an answer before and not have to go back and undo the change if it doesn't work.
I tried asking the same question you did a few months ago and its just one of those things that's hard to say.. no definitive answer because everyone's Jeep has it's quirks as I'm sure you're aware. Antican could have it one way, yours another way, and mine some Frankenstein combo of the two, ya know?
hope it works for you though

The Toy:93 YJ
The DD:00 F250 7.3
Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.