Bellhousing to Block bolt type/size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bellhousing to Block bolt type/size

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-17-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Bellhousing to Block bolt type/size

Ok gents,
In all my wonderfully great common sense, I went and pulled a 4.0 out of a grand cherokee today to rebuild to replace my aging 4.0 in my yj... and like the idiot I truly am, I left the transmission to block mounting bolts (bellhousing to back of block) at the junkyard... I have no idea what thread pitch or anything they are, and I need to find out so I can put the engine on my motor stand tomorrow... If anyone can PLEASE help me out here, I would be forever in your debt!
Thanks

Sometimes you cant win for losing... The XJ yesterday crudded out both the optima battery, the lower rad hose and the radiator itself.... Then the YJ started blowing smoke (ring on number 3 cylinder started to finally let loose) and now I pull a bone headed move like this...

Unread 05-17-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

IIRC, they are 12MM X 1.25 pitch.

I just did a 2.5L motor job & used 100MM length bolts for the motor stand.

When you're done on the motor stand, chop the bolt heads off & cut a slit in the end (to use a screwdriver in) and use them for line-up pins while reinstalling the motor.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Max you are the man, hopefully I can get this motor on the stand today and actually start tearing into it. Expect a picture/buildup thread in the near future when I get further into it.
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #4
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper719 View Post
Max you are the man, hopefully I can get this motor on the stand today and actually start tearing into it. Expect a picture/buildup thread in the near future when I get further into it.
Looking forward to seeing your project!

Please take some detailed pics & pertinent info notes for the rest of us to learn from!

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #5
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

will do max, Ill shoot ya a pm with a link to the buildup when I get it started, Im heading down to northern tool right now to pick up a cherry picker so I can lift this beast out of the bed of my dakota and get cranking on it!
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
viper719
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Max, 12mmx1,25 were too big wouldnt even fit in the holes for the mounts. Im not sure if the 4.0 used the same bolt holes as the 2.5L but thanks for the help just the same!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.