begining on 95 yj need help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > begining on 95 yj need help

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-17-2001, 04:05 PM   #1
JYRUS

begining on 95 yj need help

i have a 95 yj sahara. i am ready to start building it. i want to be able to run 35s. i already have a rear d44 from a scout11. what mods do i need to make to the axle to fit it under the yj besides gears. i am going to keep my stock 30 and upgrade axles.also i know i wanna do a spring over as well. any ideas will help. thanks

JYRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2001, 05:03 PM   #2
jpwranglr9

I have a 95 sport with a SOA and 4" lift springs with a scout D44 stock D30 with modified shafts and running 35's. Wow...we think alike. its a lot of work. if you dont mind some rubbing, you can use SOA with add-a-leaf. to corect that angle go with a HD SYE kit and leave the case up. the D44 has to be turned to make the center of the flange smaller as well as the back to clear the studs and fit through brake center. new bolt patterns will have to be made. Moser can do this but i had a bud that owns a machine shop do it. besides that the axle is a great fit. the front is a one peice warn shaft from TJ's. no more disconects. n-e-thing else you wana know let me know.
1995 YJ ,SOA with 4" procomp front 3.5" BDS rear 1" shackle rear, custom stearing, 35x12.50x15 pro-comp MTs, warn xd9000i, on-board air from A/C, dana 44 rear and 30 front with 4.56, powertrax no-spin rear, custom disks rear/trutrac front, warn front shafts, HD SYE kit, HD front and rear driveshafts, Warn 4X flairs, PIAA 520 ligts and on and on and on :)
jpwranglr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2001, 08:57 PM   #3
JYRUS

explain to me more about the rear axle. i got the whole scout for $50. it has front/ rear 44s but i was told it is hard to use a scoutt 44 on the front of a jeep so i aint going to bother. how much wider is it than stock and explain all the axle talk you wrote to me!!! thanks so much. oh yeah, one more thing, do you have to use such a tall spings to fit 35s on a soa?
JYRUS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.