Before I cut it out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Before I cut it out

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
sirhc76
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Before I cut it out

Almost done with my two year project. I did a rear stretch and welded in a new rear cross member using 3/16x 2x4 rectangle tubing as others have done. I did the old heat and bend on the tank to clear my 8.8 but I need just a few more inches. Any negatives to cutting out the cross brace that the front of the tank mounts to and either raising it up or replacing it with a 2x2 section of square tubing? I have a 1 inch body lift so I have room to move the tub mounts up.

Thanks,

sirhc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure if this will help give the room your looking for, but it might be an option.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...-tank-1407078/
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #3
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

dont think you will have a problem. i did the heat and dimple thing years ago and it leaked a bit recently from the dimple itself. strange thing it only leaked for a day.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.