Beating a Dead Horse - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Beating a Dead Horse

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-24-2013, 12:14 PM   #16
dancytron
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
ok had to call re quick to a buddy to go look at something.....in the picture theres, whatever it is circled in red, that is were the second line from the Evap can is leading to....but as u see in the pic the other end is just open with no line...WTH is this? whats it for and do i need it? if not can i just unhook that line goin from the can to it or do i need to T this is some place.
That is the Decel Valve. http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/decel.htm Mine leaked, so I removed it.

FWIW, the EGR and Charcoal canister do not hurt performance or fuel economy in any way. The only benefit of removing them is to pollute more.

I vaguely remember that Maryland is like we are here in Missouri, that they check for the EGR valve and Charcoal Canister as a part of the safety inspection. I would double check that.

dancytron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #17
Kingston
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The vacuum advance for the distributor is supposed to be on a ported line. Quick way to test the line its on...start the motor, take the vac line off going to the dist., if the tube that you took the line off of has any vac, then its the wrong tube.

Vacuum advance works to advance timing when you are on the throttle, NOT when you are idling. If the motor is at an idle, the line going to the dist wont have any vacuum on it.

Could that be why im not idleing? And have to feather the gas to stay running

MOLAN LABE
KCCO
Kingston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #18
swatson454
Mall-crawlin' Hot Rodder

1983 CJ7 

Most of us on the CJ board run manifold vacuum for its many benefits over ported vacuum. I'd keep it on manifold vacuum, especially with a smaller 32/36.

Shawn
Unread 12-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #19
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatson454 View Post
Most of us on the CJ board run manifold vacuum for its many benefits over ported vacuum. I'd keep it on manifold vacuum, especially with a smaller 32/36.

Shawn
Manifold vac is better for your engine and drivability

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.