BDS vs Rubicon Express - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > BDS vs Rubicon Express

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 09-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Richard_

1995 YJ Wrangler 

BDS vs Rubicon Express

prices are comparable for the most part , I'm not to impressed with cheap suspension kits IE "Rough Country" I'm doing my research now before spending my hard earned money on junk

Richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
coolin4u
1993 YJ Wrangler 

What exactly did you want to know,and how will you use your jeep?
coolin4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

We need more info bud,
Whats ur jeep like now?
What are future plans? Wheeling style/terrain? Estimated max tire size?
Total lift wanted?
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
bill8bud

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I love my RE 4.5 kit. I always have people coment on how well they flex. I have never used BDS. If RE was not an option I would look at OME or BDS.
bill8bud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Bds hands down, I was in the same boat and opted to go with the better warranty and can't be happier with the ride a got moving to them!

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
squarelite
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Spring over or under? I have re 1444 1.5" spring over springs. They ride great on the road and flex like crazy.
squarelite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I run both. Can't go wrong with either.
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
CaptLeeB
1988 YJ Wrangler 

You will find a ton of post comparing the two. Most that run BDS love them and most that run RE love them. I chose BDS because of the warranty. I pieced my set up together. If that is the route you chose price will probably be close either way.
I love my BDS and have not seen enough to convince me to go another route.
You will probably be happy either way.
CaptLeeB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 12:36 AM   #9
RubiconExpress
Vendor

Hi Richard. We are happy to hear you are considering Rubicon Express! We are sure you will find of plenty of great information and opinions on products for your jeep here on the forum, but we wanted to take the opportunity to chime in on the warranty piece that was mentioned by a couple of the earlier posts. Rubicon Express' current warranty actually takes the Lifetime Warranty to the next level. Not only is our warranty a no questions asked lifetime warranty that covers all parts it is also 100% transferable, so if you ever get rid of your jeep the warranty goes with it.

'We build it so you can use it'
RubiconExpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #10
amerdt4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Rubicon Express 1.5 soa springs ... Couldn't be happier

amerdt4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 05:08 AM   #11
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconExpress View Post
Hi Richard. We are happy to hear you are considering Rubicon Express! We are sure you will find of plenty of great information and opinions on products for your jeep here on the forum, but we wanted to take the opportunity to chime in on the warranty piece that was mentioned by a couple of the earlier posts. Rubicon Express' current warranty actually takes the Lifetime Warranty to the next level. Not only is our warranty a no questions asked lifetime warranty that covers all parts it is also 100% transferable, so if you ever get rid of your jeep the warranty goes with it.

Interesting. I'd never heard that before. Off topic, but where are you guys now that Metal Cloak is in your old building?

OP, for what it's worth I use the BDS springs and have been very happy with them. I'll echo what has already said though and say I don't believe you can go wrong with either spring. I haven't heard anyone with problems using OME, BDS, or RE.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #12
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Interesting. I'd never heard that before. Off topic, but where are you guys now that Metal Cloak is in your old building?

OP, for what it's worth I use the BDS springs and have been very happy with them. I'll echo what has already said though and say I don't believe you can go wrong with either spring. I haven't heard anyone with problems using OME, BDS, or RE.
Four wheel parts' building. And all the components can be warrantied through any four wheel parts store. So that great pro comp or smittybilt warranty is now available from RE. Thanks Transamerican!
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
rykemc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I also am running the RE 4.5 SUA Extreme duty springs. I love these springs and am so happy I went with them. I had a gentleman come by that was thinking about buying the rough country kit for his YJ, I took him for a ride in my jeep and he was so impressed he changed his mind about the RC springs. It rides equal to my wife's 01 TJ with the 5.5 RE long arm lift. Also had a friend of mine who owns a stock TJ ride in it and he said it rode better than his Jeep. Like others have said, you will not regret either spring choice between the BDS and RE. Reason I went with RE is because I liked the quality of the product that is on my wife's TJ.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...build-1502848/

APRIL 2013 YJOTM

JUNE 2014 YJOTM
rykemc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
bill8bud

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconExpress View Post

Does this statement grandfather my current RE springs into a lifetime warranty by any chance?
bill8bud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #15
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I can't compare fit or ride quality between the 2, because I had them on different vehicles.

I had the 4.5" RE kit on my 87 XJ way back when RE was the biggest XJ kit available (yes, Tomken had their 6" but that was just a 4" with coil spacers and blocks)
that XJ kit was phenominal and RE's cust servce was top notch. Quality and fit of the parts were great and I think it actually rode better than stock

now on my YJ I have the BDS and, though the RE guy earlier in this thread might not like this so much, I can't tell the difference in fit/quality.
the BDS also is top notch quality and the ride is a world better than stock.

the only thing that might sway me is either price (though they're in the same ballpark in that respect)
or if I was the type to build, get bored, then sell for a new project to build, then I might be swayed toward RE given what the rep posted above about the warranty being transferrable to the new owner... it DOES make a nice selling point if trying to sell your vehicle

but I don't see that happening with me... I'll be buried in my YJ after all I've been through with it... so I'd probably just look at the bottom line cost
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.