JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   BDS vs Rubicon Express (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/bds-vs-rubicon-express-1589641/)

Richard_ 09-15-2013 07:33 PM

BDS vs Rubicon Express

prices are comparable for the most part , I'm not to impressed with cheap suspension kits IE "Rough Country" I'm doing my research now before spending my hard earned money on junk

coolin4u 09-15-2013 08:01 PM

What exactly did you want to know,and how will you use your jeep?

rodgers3 09-15-2013 08:12 PM

We need more info bud,
Whats ur jeep like now?
What are future plans? Wheeling style/terrain? Estimated max tire size?
Total lift wanted?

bill8bud 09-15-2013 08:19 PM

I love my RE 4.5 kit. I always have people coment on how well they flex. I have never used BDS. If RE was not an option I would look at OME or BDS.

zte87 09-15-2013 08:55 PM

Bds hands down, I was in the same boat and opted to go with the better warranty and can't be happier with the ride a got moving to them!
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/f...psf0a1e70e.jpg
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps5e5778b2.jpg
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps236e9d2a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

squarelite 09-15-2013 09:43 PM

Spring over or under? I have re 1444 1.5" spring over springs. They ride great on the road and flex like crazy.

Anticanman 09-15-2013 09:46 PM

I run both. Can't go wrong with either.

CaptLeeB 09-16-2013 08:09 PM

You will find a ton of post comparing the two. Most that run BDS love them and most that run RE love them. I chose BDS because of the warranty. I pieced my set up together. If that is the route you chose price will probably be close either way.
I love my BDS and have not seen enough to convince me to go another route.
You will probably be happy either way.

RubiconExpress 09-17-2013 12:36 AM

Hi Richard. We are happy to hear you are considering Rubicon Express! We are sure you will find of plenty of great information and opinions on products for your jeep here on the forum, but we wanted to take the opportunity to chime in on the warranty piece that was mentioned by a couple of the earlier posts. Rubicon Express' current warranty actually takes the Lifetime Warranty to the next level. Not only is our warranty a no questions asked lifetime warranty that covers all parts it is also 100% transferable, so if you ever get rid of your jeep the warranty goes with it.

'We build it so you can use it'

amerdt4 09-17-2013 05:08 AM

Rubicon Express 1.5 soa springs ... Couldn't be happier

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...psf10cd0e9.jpg

timatoe 09-17-2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubiconExpress (Post 16072289)
Hi Richard. We are happy to hear you are considering Rubicon Express! We are sure you will find of plenty of great information and opinions on products for your jeep here on the forum, but we wanted to take the opportunity to chime in on the warranty piece that was mentioned by a couple of the earlier posts. Rubicon Express' current warranty actually takes the Lifetime Warranty to the next level. Not only is our warranty a no questions asked lifetime warranty that covers all parts it is also 100% transferable, so if you ever get rid of your jeep the warranty goes with it.

Interesting. I'd never heard that before. Off topic, but where are you guys now that Metal Cloak is in your old building?

OP, for what it's worth I use the BDS springs and have been very happy with them. I'll echo what has already said though and say I don't believe you can go wrong with either spring. I haven't heard anyone with problems using OME, BDS, or RE.

Anticanman 09-17-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timatoe (Post 16073849)
Interesting. I'd never heard that before. Off topic, but where are you guys now that Metal Cloak is in your old building?

OP, for what it's worth I use the BDS springs and have been very happy with them. I'll echo what has already said though and say I don't believe you can go wrong with either spring. I haven't heard anyone with problems using OME, BDS, or RE.

Four wheel parts' building. And all the components can be warrantied through any four wheel parts store. So that great pro comp or smittybilt warranty is now available from RE. Thanks Transamerican!

rykemc 09-17-2013 09:19 AM

I also am running the RE 4.5 SUA Extreme duty springs. I love these springs and am so happy I went with them. I had a gentleman come by that was thinking about buying the rough country kit for his YJ, I took him for a ride in my jeep and he was so impressed he changed his mind about the RC springs. It rides equal to my wife's 01 TJ with the 5.5 RE long arm lift. Also had a friend of mine who owns a stock TJ ride in it and he said it rode better than his Jeep. Like others have said, you will not regret either spring choice between the BDS and RE. Reason I went with RE is because I liked the quality of the product that is on my wife's TJ.

bill8bud 09-17-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubiconExpress (Post 16072289)

Does this statement grandfather my current RE springs into a lifetime warranty by any chance?

SeanB95YJ 09-17-2013 09:45 AM

I can't compare fit or ride quality between the 2, because I had them on different vehicles.

I had the 4.5" RE kit on my 87 XJ way back when RE was the biggest XJ kit available (yes, Tomken had their 6" but that was just a 4" with coil spacers and blocks)
that XJ kit was phenominal and RE's cust servce was top notch. Quality and fit of the parts were great and I think it actually rode better than stock

now on my YJ I have the BDS and, though the RE guy earlier in this thread might not like this so much, I can't tell the difference in fit/quality.
the BDS also is top notch quality and the ride is a world better than stock.

the only thing that might sway me is either price (though they're in the same ballpark in that respect)
or if I was the type to build, get bored, then sell for a new project to build, then I might be swayed toward RE given what the rep posted above about the warranty being transferrable to the new owner... it DOES make a nice selling point if trying to sell your vehicle

but I don't see that happening with me... I'll be buried in my YJ after all I've been through with it... so I'd probably just look at the bottom line cost

The time now is 02:27 PM.